What mobile phone do you have?

Jeslek

Banned
Well you have this vendetta against people that don't seem to share your opinion on having a cell phone or not... OK lets put it plainly. I can't afford it ok? I'd like one, its all nice and that, but at this time its a want and not a need, and I don't have the money for one.

Scanty

Jerrek said:
Wow... boyfriend troubles?

Can't you just accept that at this point it is more of a _want_ than a _need_ for me? :rolleyes:

It's not that I can't accept anything, Jerrek. It's your stupid argument that a mobile can't be useful to you just because you're not currently dying.

You're missing the point. I couldn't give a toss about whether people have mobiles or not, but I have learned that they can be very useful to you for everyday stuff, and if you ever HAPPEN...by CHANCE...to be in a sticky situation, you'll be thanking the heavens that it's there.

Jeslek

Banned
Well yes, I agree with you there. I can think of a lot of useful situations. But I don't need one. Its more of a luxury for me and one that I can't justify spending money on right now. :)

Scanty

Jerrek said:
Well you have this vendetta against people that don't seem to share your opinion on having a cell phone or not...

I can't believe you just said that. You, that seems to have a problem with everyone who doesn't share YOUR opinion.

I do NOT have a vendetta against people not sharing my opinion. That is the biggest insult you could've cheaply thrown at me and you know NOTHING about who I am.
You don't even know what my argument is at the moment, so don't even try and make up some crap like that.
That is such a sweeping statement to make. Who have you seen me arguing with because they haven't 'shared my opinion on having a cell phone' except you, right now. To say that I have a vendetta against 'people' who don't share my opinion is not only ignorant, it's based on nothing.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Jerrek said:
at this point I don't want to spend money for fear of bleeding to death.

He will not get one, but if he's bleeding to death, i'm sure one of his friends will have a cell phone to make the emergency call.

Cell phone = needed.

Scanty

Jerrek said:
Wow... boyfriend troubles?

I love how the moment I eventually lose my patience with you, you make some snide comment like that to take the piss. It's quite amusing that you seem surprised I got angry.

I've fucking had it, man. Merry Christmas.

samcurry

Screwing with the code...
Staff member
geeesh, i come in to say i have a kyocera cell that i use in rare cases. (just cause i hate phones in general) and jerrek is in battle.
Like i said i use mine at times when i just have to get ahold of some one and on the weekends cause i got free minutes.:D

scanty flog the boy with a whooping stick.:D :bash:

ris

the wife and i said that we'd only get a mobi when we encountered a situation that made us say 'fucking fuck i wish we had a mobile phone', in the obvious hope that a bleeding corpse [and certainly not our own] wasn't involved.

when it came we heeded the remark and got them though. if i didn't have one now i think i'd be serious shit. times when its been out of charge or reception-free have often been problematic and i hardly use the fricking thing compared to many people.

and i text like a 4yo writes :D

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
At home the only person that doesn't have a cell phone is mom, and she's already planning to get one.

And i have several friends that have 2 cell phones, and they carry both with them.

Cell phones are just so cheap to buy (without contract) that is almost impossible not to get one.

Altron

Aunty Em said:
A Motorola V2288.

I only use it for emergencies when I'm in the car.

Attachment(s):

mobile.jpg, 25.10kb

246_1036770823.jpg

My mom has one like that. It's silver, and the buttons light up blue. She just got it for christmas. I went into the bathroom with the regular phone and called her when she was opening the box :)
My dad has a really new and nice Motorola flip phone. It's really cool :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Altron said:
Aunty Em said:
A Motorola V2288.

Attachment(s):

mobile.jpg, 25.10kb

246_1036770823.jpg

My mom has one like that. It's silver, and the buttons light up blue. She just got it for christmas. I went into the bathroom with the regular phone and called her when she was opening the box :)
I thought most phones needed to be activated to the phone number out of the box... Or was the phone activated and then put back in the box?

Altron

fury said:
Altron said:
Aunty Em said:
A Motorola V2288.

Attachment(s):

mobile.jpg, 25.10kb

246_1036770823.jpg

I thought most phones needed to be activated to the phone number out of the box... Or was the phone activated and then put back in the box?

My dad and I activated it and called each other before wrapping it :)

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Got a new one...

Audiovox 9500

GPS system, full color screen, 999 phone book entries, cool ring tones, and (this is the best part :D) a battery that doesn't take overnight to charge and then get drained within a half an hour! :D

newcell_closed.jpg

newcell.jpg

fury

Administrator
Staff member
You were right about that antenna, Q, I broke the damn thing just by having the phone in my pocket. I like this new one, it has a thick antenna guard, and it doesn't extend unless you exert force to pull it out. :D

fury

Administrator
Staff member
There's 5 friggin' Verizon logos on it... :tardbang: 3 on the phone itself, one on the display when it's turning on, and one on the display when it's in idle mode

Well they sure wanted to make it painfully obvious. :retard6:

Q

You can prolly change the ones on the display. I just got around to changing mine the other day. I made the screen saver into a clock and the Sprint banner into my name. Look on your menu and see if it has some other options.