What to do for dinner when the water's off

Inkara1

The water's off in my apartment until the morning because a line broke on the other side of the property. So I needed to figure out something to cook for dinner that wouldn't involve water.

I ended up cooking my infamous chili cheese tacos.

Directions:
Pour in a can of chili, and sprinkle in some shredded cheese. Heat until the chili's warm and the cheese is melted. Warm tortillas, scoop in chili cheese mixture, pile on with more shredded cheese, eat. Yummy.

Luckily, no ass gas as of yet.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
if you want that even more ribstickin, either make it into a grilled cheese of sorts, or put it in a sammichmaker thing. Awesome!

Sharky

*picks up phone*

Beep boop beep beep boop boop beep

"Hello, KC's Pizza? This is Sharky. Make me a Zen pizza to go, please."

:D

tonksy

Sharky said:
*picks up phone*

Beep boop beep beep boop boop beep

"Hello, KC's Pizza? This is Sharky. Make me a Zen pizza to go, please."

:D
brilliant plan, besides you can't clean up afterwards if you have no water.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
tonksy said:

A man went to visit his 90 year old grandfather and while eating the breakfast of eggs and bacon prepared for him, he noticed a film-like substance on his plate. So he says, "Grandfather, are these plates clean?" His grandfather replies, "Those plates are as clean as cold water can get them, so go on and finish your meal." That afternoon, while eating the hamburgers his grandfather made for lunch, he noticed many little black specks around the edge of his plate so again he asked, "Grandfather are you sure these plates are clean?" Without looking up from his burger, the grandfather says, "I told you those dishes are as clean as cold water can get them, now don't ask me about it anymore." Well, later that day, they were on their way out to get dinner. As he was leaving the house, grandfather's dog who was lying on the floor started to growl and would not let him pass. "Grandfather, your dog won't let me out." Without diverting his attention from the football game he was watching, his grandfather shouted, "Coldwater, get your ass out of the way!"

Sharky

BeardofPants said:
LOL, nice sound effects there, buddy. :D
Hey, we're just glad Inky didn't include sound effects with his post . . . ;) :grinyes:

tonksy said:
Pizza is the perfect food: it contains all the food groups, easy to clean up after, and one will appear at your door with only a phone call. Perfect! :cool:

Gato: :rofl3:

Stop Laughing

Takes 11 beeps here to order, damn overlapping area codes, gotta dial 11 numbers to call across the street. It's always perfect, and not only just for pizza, I get my favorite pasta from the phone too.

/me wonders what a Zen pizza is, sounds good

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Some of us live beyond the boundaries of pizza delivery. *gasp* It's a treat if we go somewhere and get to order something delivered.

And always tip the pizza guy. I been one before...we survive on tips. It ain't his/her/its fault your pizza was late the last time.

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:
Some of us live beyond the boundaries of pizza delivery. *gasp* It's a treat if we go somewhere and get to order something delivered.

And always tip the pizza guy. I been one before...we survive on tips. It ain't his/her/its fault your pizza was late the last time.
They finally put one in close enough to deliver to us about 18 months ago. :D

And S&Ps right. Tip those guys (and girls). I wouldn't do it (well, I would if I had to but I wouldn't like it much ;) ).

Inkara1

unclehobart said:
You didn't check the toilet reserve tank for water?
Oh, I know there's water in there... and if I got really desperate I could have melted the ice cubes in the freezer. It was just easier to make a non-water dish.

I always tip my pizza guy, having been one myself (for almost a year and a half) and experiencing being stiffed many a time. I can tell you most Fresno pizza delivery customers' idea of a tip: "tell John I said hi."