What's for dinner

Professur

I dunno. I've 'made the B' more than a few times and it usually didn't take more than a couple of paper towels to clear it up, and no one even knew we'd been in the kitchen afterwards.

tonksy

Homemade pizzas. Olive and white sauce for the girl's and a spicy ground beef, onion, peppers, tomatoes, and garlic for us.

Inkara1

"the woman"... umm... news.

We're not together anymore but due to finances we have to continue to share the apartment. Not awkward.It will be even less awkward when her new interest comes over on Monday, and again should things work out with a girl I've been talking to that's everything I've ever hoped for (even a Dr Pepper fan) except that she lives 240 miles away.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
"the woman"... umm... news.

We're not together anymore but due to finances we have to continue to share the apartment. Not awkward.It will be even less awkward when her new interest comes over on Monday, and again should things work out with a girl I've been talking to that's everything I've ever hoped for (even a Dr Pepper fan) except that she lives 240 miles away.

*is so proud of herself for keeping her mouth shut until Inky decided to share (although I didn't know about the shared apartment thing)*

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Had tacos de pastor

and Inky, finances shminansesit's not worth it, get the hell out, for your sanity if nothing else.

Inkara1

The fun part... I can't afford the apartment by myself. I couldn't find an apartment around here that had the room I needed, washer and dryer hookups and would allow my cat (after spending $1,000 on fixing his bladder a couple months ago I don't want to get rid of him now) that was any cheaper than this one (meaning I can't afford it either). I looked at the possibility of a condo listed for $112,400, and mortgage-wise I could do it... but the homeowner's association fee makes it a stretch and property taxes make it unaffordable for me. So I looked into buying a trailer... there are some nice ones here for $50,000-$70,000 but the cheapest space rent at any park in the area is $440, so tack that on to the mortgage (and financing on trailers sucks) and I can't afford that either. When I moved into this apartment in March, I asked for a pay raise because I'd been at the same pay rate since 2005 and it took them a month to tell me no.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Find a better job and stop moving into places you can't afford on your own. Didn't you end up in a tight-ish pickle when you were left alone in the old place by the last one? Move to a different area that you can afford. I know a few places in Calgary I'd rather live but I can't afford them so I don't live there...end of story.

Inkara1

Finding a "better" job would require leaving my line of work completely and wasting the degree. Bigger papers are laying off, not hiring. At least I'm not getting laid off which is more than I can say for a few other community newspaper people I know. Moving to a cheaper area... that would be, say, Georgia. I can't just move to a crappier part of town because the rent is still high, and as mention above, I have too much money invested in my cat to get rid of it in order to get an apartment that won't allow pets. And as for moving into a place I can't afford... my hand was forced. The landlord was being foreclosed on, and since everything I could find on the issue says banks don't like being landlords, my choices were: 1. start looking for a place ASAP, or 2. stay where I was until the bank kicked me out, when nothing would probably be available.