What's for lunch

abooja

I baked them for a person with nut (and everything else) allergies. I had only previously baked the traditional kind with apricot preserves, walnuts and raisins. Mine had seeded raspberry preserves (he's allergic to seeds as well), semisweet chocolate chips, cinnamon and large sugar crystals for crunch. They will now become a staple in my baking repertoire. :nerd:

greenfreak

abooja said:
chocolate rugelach
I thought the chocolate rugelach at Cafe Lalo was good and then last week we bought some from Fairway (boo, there's one on Bwy and one on 12th Ave) and it wins hands-down. Not too sugary, but very large pieces. Fresh baked that day. Damn it was good.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
On Friday I had...some wheat thins around lunch time cause I was stuck in class...I then had an early dinner of Kraft Dinner shortly after I got home...and that was all...my evening consumption was alcohol based.

Today I had breakfast at lunch time and it was a flax bagel with ranch cream cheese...for dinner will probably have left over ham from Thursday night's dinner. YUMMY!

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
So turns out I'm having homemade pizza for dinner...I used some of the left over ham as topping...aswell as pepperoni with the cheese and sauce :)

It's baking now, YUMMY

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Same noodle stuff that resembles liquid fire in your gut, or have you moved on?

I got a can of something or other here I'll ingest and call it lunch shortly.

Professur

Oh hell no. This is the stuff I buy. Bought a mixed case yesterday. Today's is roast pork (flavoured). Others are chicken, and beef.

Professur

I had squid twice in one sitting. The first time, and the last time. A 'friend' took us to a chinese restaurant in chinatown. Or old montreal. Against my own better judgement, I opted to try it. It most closely resembled chewing a radial tire that had just been driven up a dirt road.

I'll warrant that it probably could be better cooked, seasoned and served, but as long as cows walk the earth, I'll have no inclination to discover it.

and the desert looked super, until I read the ingredients. I don't eat anything with any kind of sweet, soft cheese in it. cheesecake included.