What's the last meal that you cooked...

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
My specialty is Goulash.

It's ground beef with tons of different meat sauces, BBQ sauce, spices mixed with pasta and tomato soup.

I haven't made that is a few months though.

Edit: My dad taught me how to make it. Noone else makes it like me now and even I can't get it QUITE as good as he could....

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
tonight. A first use of a homemade rotiserrie cooker over a charcoal bed. pork center cut loin, huge baked potaotoes, red wine & a bucket or two of margaritas. The food was good, I think. :D

Professur

The new A&W sirloin burger. My Gawd, I nearly wet myself, it was that good. Juicy, tasty. *shudder*

I think I need a shower.

alex

last night....

grilled marinated (Dale's Sauce) skinless boneless chicken breast,

stir fry in extra virgin olive oil (onion, green pepper, squash, zucchini and asparagus) with some garlic powder and black pepper sprinkled on

:licklips:

BeardofPants

My dish is the eggplant bake. Layers of italian risotto mixed through with my home-made tomato sauce (plum tomatoes, lotsa garlic, shallots, wine, rosemary, mint, liberal with the pepper, and chilli to spice it up), eggplant, a layer of the rest of the tomato sauce that didn't get mixed through the risoto, fresh mozarella, the rest of the risotto, a layer of grana padana, lots of pepper, oven baked to perfection. If I'm feeling like putting in extra work, I'll add a layer of home-made basil pesto..... :licklips:

unclehobart

Tonks and I just knocked off a large meal of chicken pesto pasta in a white cream sauce and a loaf of bread... all utterly from scratch of course.

chcr

Too cute for words
I made crockpot pulled pork sandwiches and potato salad for dinner tonight. Easy to set up, and it's waiting when you get home. To be fair, I did have to pull the pork tonight before I could stuff myself. :D

Inkara1

chcr said:
I made crockpot pulled pork sandwiches and potato salad for dinner tonight. Easy to set up, and it's waiting when you get home. To be fair, I did have to pull the pork tonight before I could stuff myself. :D
Ever tried the pulled pork sandwich at Hooters? Man, that was a good sandwich.

alex

unclehobart said:
No. I've never had their pulled pork. I've always thought about pulling my own pork at Hooters.

Or better yet, have one of the Hooters girls pull your pork :D

Inkara1

The waitress I had was only about a B-cup, I'd guess. She was fairly skinny, however, and there's something to be said for proportionality.

ClaireBear

Banned
The last time I got a compliment... Friday... I cooked a sausage and bacon sarnie with ketchup for my man... he's very very easily pleased!

A real compliment... ooh! Couple of months ago malayan style chicken curry... I add yogurt, banana and sutanas... to what is a pretty boring chicken curry recipe using garum masala. Made my own raita too with the yoghurt that was left.

Oz

ClaireBear said:
A real compliment... ooh! Couple of months ago malayan style chicken curry... I add yogurt, banana and sutanas... to what is a pretty boring chicken curry recipe using garum masala. Made my own raita too with the yoghurt that was left.

You make curry? :confused:

Will you marry me? :lloyd:

Last thing I cooked? Pancakes for the bairns on Sunday (I didn't get complimented, but they ate 'em....so I ain't complaining).