What's your point?

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Loyalty is rewarded with things like salary increases, more vacation time and job security. This is a shift as to what the 'bare minimum' should be.

The 'bare minimum'...as in minimum wage? Funny how a small shift in minimum wage can have a huge shift in pricing, though, innit?

Bish said:
Increased rates of single-parents, divorces and dual-income families.
*the latter due more to necessity than greed IMO

Which has nothing to do with a business 'running' a day care. As for dual incomes being a necessity...:rofl4: My wife and I get along just fine on my one income...and thats after a $720 a month child support payment is removed.

Bish said:
You're tying in two issues here, but...
Cost of living increases are tied into the economy at large... from the costs of raw materials, to transport (fuel costs), manufacturing, supply/demand, trade deficits (and the costs associated with the closing monetary gap), etc... Salary demands seem dependant more to cost of living than the reverse to me.

See the first response on minimum wage increases.

Bish said:
Menial tasks requiring a degree? You don't need a degree to push a broom around, nor work in assembly, nor plumbing etc... I think that you're stretching here.

You didn't need a bachelors degree in accounting until recently, either...nor business management, law, teaching, music, art...etc. Gone are the days where a guy working the floor can win a job in the office based on merit. I believe you're missing the big picture on this one...

Bish said:
Often, a company gets in a rut. They're been doing things the same for the past X years, it works for them and that's good enough. They get where they can't see the forest for the trees..they don't grow, and if the market changes slightly, they feel the brunt more than another company who's working on changing with or ahead of the market.

The people actually doing the job are doing what they're told. They're not being paid to recommend change, and their recommendations get ignored. There are exceptions...but a rarity.

Not really. Most companies are in a constant state of growth. Most ideas for change in any corporation come from inside. Some from a new guy, but most from the guys working there for a while. The only time this doesn't work is when you have guys in management who have no clue as to what goes on on the floor.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Everybody should have certain things that they can expect from a company

You get a paycheck. That's the deal you made when they hired you. All else is BY THE GRACES OF THE COMPANY.

Slavery has been outlawed.