When you fall into the "News"

MrBishop

Two things happened to my family which made the news..kinda. Both had quick bursts on local radio but haven't made the papers or tv.

1) Last night..my neighbourhood was evacuated at around 10pm. Police, firefighters, ambulances, bomb squad, suspicious package - all meaning that we eventually had to sit my my car for about 2 hours until they said that they couldn't tell us when things would be clear and I end up having to drive to my in-laws to sleep. Not sure what time they actually let people back into their homes..but there was no explosion :shrug:.

2) H1N1-A made it's presence known at my son's daycamp. Got a nice letter n' everything- "Keep a lookout for the following symptoms..." "Seek medical attention" "Keep your child from daycamp"

So..a bomb scare and a swine-flu scare in less than 24 hours. Joy!
:gmorning:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Why the paranoia over this stupid flu?

Glad your building didn't get rocked.

MrBishop

Why the paranoia over this stupid flu?

Glad your building didn't get rocked.

The stupid flu is killing people in off-flu season...and the new season is coming soon. (September is the beginning). It's more contageous than regular flu and still changing. :shrug: - For me, personally..it's just another cold. For my son, it's yet another change at an asthma attack

MrBishop

the whole hood evacted?
whoa, how big was the thing?

We're talking about 25 houses evac'd - I get the feeling that the cops used this as a 'practice session' more than actually taking it seriously. I didn't see the box in question.

I think that they evac close houses more for the potential for bursting glass from windows than actual direct damage.