Where the hell

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
did my "Let There Be Rock" disc go???? I'm in the mood for some kick ass Bon Scott stuff & I can't find it anywhere :mad:

chcr

Too cute for words
Gonz said:
did my "Let There Be Rock" disc go???? I'm in the mood for some kick ass Bon Scott stuff & I can't find it anywhere :mad:

Someone stole it. Shit gets stolen around here all the time. Someone's always stealing the remote and hiding it in the chair cushions (well, I wouldn't leave it there, would I).:tardbang:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It was a damned good thing I have "If You Want Blood (You're Got It)"... Bon Scott was God & Brian Johnson is...is...well, he just isn't.

Inkara1

KRZR 103.7 "The Wild Hare" in Fresno used to run these ads to fill in a few seconds here and there... "Bon scott never listened to KRZR... and now, he's dead."

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I got all the AC/DC discs, including the box set, and all the LPs. Even got most of the Aussie import LPs. I never have to suffer like poor Gonz. LTBR is an excellent album, might hafta spin that one tonight now that you've mentioned it...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
No...hafta go buy a new copy. It is that important. Between Powerage, High Voltage & Blood, I got my fill, for now.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Gonz said:
No...hafta go buy a new copy. It is that important. Between Powerage, High Voltage & Blood, I got my fill, for now.

I completely understand. If my copy of Powerage (and thank heaven someone else knows how to properly spell the title...) ever came up MIA, heads would roll. That is Bon's definitive moment in my book.

Inkara1

AC/DC seemed to me to have a bit harder of a sound in the post-Bon era... but I'd trade that any day for a steady dose of songs in the vein of "Big Balls." :D

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Their sound got a little "harder" with the emergence of amp technology. Brian did write differently than Bon...he is less concerned with plays-on-words and making sexual innuendo, which was one of Bon's specialties. Bon could turn making a bologna sandwich into a sexual remark, God love him for it. Also, AC/DC began to rely more on Malcolm's rhythm in the mid 80s which gave them a bottom-heavy sound. Malcolm is way underrated in my opinion...always was. Bon was a born rock star, one of the few people that truly never would have survived without a spotlight. I figure maybe 20 of those people ever lived, and Bon Scott is among them.

AC/DC will forever be in my top three to five bands ever. They were exactly what they looked like...a bunch of toughs who made no pretense to be anything else. They remained steadfast when every one around them started selling out their look or their sound for success in the 80s rock explosion. AC/DC kept true to their roots, and never really compromised that much. I guess that's why most people who only like one or two hard rock groups like AC/DC. Ya just gotta love 'em. Three chords, no waiting.

catocom

SouthernN'Proud said:
I completely understand. If my copy of Powerage (and thank heaven someone else knows how to properly spell the title...) ever came up MIA, heads would roll. That is Bon's definitive moment in my book.
I have both Powerage, and Let there be Rock on 8-track.
I converted them to cds, but I guess I should get regular cds. The tapes
were already heavily played before I converted um. :nerd: