While he was losing...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
he was probably given hell. Now that he won, he's being given worse. Of course, she should get half...even though she was against his playing, right?
That's fair, isn't it? ;)

Now lets be straight. She hated the Lottery until she found out he won. She is wrong for asking for, nay, DEMANDING the money now. He tried to hide his winnings from her. He is wrong as well...especially with him buying a house and putting it in his daughter's name (an obvious try to keep it out of his wife's hands if he got caught with that much cash). My take is this. She should get only, and I stress this...only $50,000 plus court costs. Why? Because she was against his playing, and that would be enough to 'balance the books' after his playing for so long. He should be beaten about the head and shoulders with a blunt object for being an idiot. You don't hide things from your spouse. Period. Goes back to that pesky trust issue that married couples are supposed to have.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Sounds like a sound marriage. :rolleyes:

I've noticed a trend with the up & coming generation...way too many of them they keep their money seperate. Of those who mention it, I'd bet it's 80/20 on not having a common account. It's over 50/50 on those who just forgo accounts altogether & carry cash.

Nothing says lifetime commitment like his & hers bank accounts.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Sounds like a sound marriage. :rolleyes:

I've noticed a trend with the up & coming generation...way too many of them they keep their money seperate. Of those who mention it, I'd bet it's 80/20 on not having a common account. It's over 50/50 on those who just forgo accounts altogether & carry cash.

Nothing says lifetime commitment like his & hers bank accounts.

I just love the way the attorney speaks of the 'marital funds'. In a decent marriage, the 'marital funds' are your living expenses...food, housing, bills, etc. Anything else is gravy. If this guy didn't take care of those important things, then her case would be more sound. That they don't say it means he was a good provider. If you read the article from the Miami Herald link, you'll see...at the bottom...the word 'divorce'. Kinda convenient, ain't it. She contemplates divorce only after he wins some cash...sounds like their 'marriage' was breaking up before he won.

BlurOfSerenity

what a petty woman.

reminds me of that commercial...
he- i have something to tell you
she- me too
he- you go first
she- no, you go first
he- i don't want to get married.
she - *silent*
he- what did you want to tell me?
she- ....i.... won the lottery...