Who says girls can't ...

Professur

play football?

Ohio school football team features 315-pound girl

Holley Mangold, offensive line guard, looks to a teammate to confirm the play during practice. (AP Photo/Skip Peterson)

KETTERING, Ohio (AP) - As a young girl, Holley Mangold loved the contact of football and would even show off her bruises as a badge of honour.

"I thought they were really cool," she said.

That toughness will be tested this year when the 17-year-old senior prepares for playing time at Alter High School in this Dayton suburb - helping anchor the offensive line, fending off girls-shouldn't-play-football attitudes, and trying to emerge from the shadow of her brother, Nick, centre for the New York Jets and a former standout at Ohio State.

"It's really rough. I'm not going to lie about that," she said of trying to make her own way in the jet wash of her brother's accomplishments.

Holley has the physical tools and strength.

She weighs 315 pounds, bench presses 265 pounds and has squatted 525 pounds.

How strong is she? She escaped serious injury in a recent head-on collision that demolished her truck by pushing the steering wheel away from her body as the crash occurred, leaving the steering wheel broken and crumpled.

Source

Inkara1

For someone who weighs 315, a 265-pound bench press sure isn't much. That's pretty close to what my max bench press was in high school, and I weighed around 200 then. She needs to spend more time in the weight room if she wants to avoid getting pwned on the line.

Professur

Oh, please. You know as well as I do, anyone getting their hands on her is gonna be looking to cop a feel of those huge knockers, not push her outta the way.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
She ain't the first to play football at that level or even higher. It's attention seeking most likely. Not that I have serious problems with her playing football, so long as she doesn't do what 95% of the others have done...start bitching and crying "discrimination" when she is expected to do exactly like every other player has to do. But the odds are, she will. If she shares a locker room with X number of guys, she better expect some uncomfortable moments. Reasonable accomodations can and should be made, but the underlying question is...

In the States, of which Ohio is one last time I checked, there is a law called Title IX that provides for equal opportunities for female athletes. Equal money spent of women's sports, which have been long proven to lose money for every institution at every level when compared to men's sports. Hence, if she is to be allowed to play football with the boys, then a male student should have every right to demand to play softball with the girls if he chooses. He won't, of course, because we all know men don't have the same rights women do. There are no health clubs called For Men Only. That's discrimination. For Women Only is okie-dokie of course, but not the other way around, which makes the entire ball of wax a steaming pile of bullshit.

But I digress. Title IX means that her school has to spend as much on equipment, facility maintanence, uniforms, travel, ad nauseum, as they do on the men's programs. Never mind that 90% of the revenue from athletics at high school, college, and pro levels come from men's sports; we have to treat women's lacrosse the same as the football team. And ain't nobody gonna tell me or anybody with half a brain that Women's Synchronized Swimming at Notre Dame is as beneficial financially or any other measuring stick as that football program is. So her demand to play on a men's team flies directly counter to Title IX. I guess fair is no longer good enough; equal ain't quite up to the standard of the Oprah generation. What else is new? If it's anything besides a white heterosexual male, it's supposed to get more than its share in our fucked up PC world these days.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I don't mind having a chick kick my ass. When she can kick it & continue her Banana Boat Supreme is when it's scary.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Spinal Tap said:
The bigger the cushion, the sweeter the pushin'
That's what I said
The looser the waistband, the deeper the quicksand
Or so I have read

My baby fits me like a flesh tuxedo
I'd like to sink her with my pink torpedo

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about bum cakes, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

I met her on Monday, twas my lucky bun day
You know what I mean
I love her each weekday, each velvety cheek day
You know what I mean

My love gun's loaded and she's in my sights
Big game is waiting there inside her tights, yeah

Big bottom, big bottom
Talk about mud flaps, my girl's got 'em
Big bottom drive me out of my mind
How could I leave this behind?

2minkey

bootlicker

good point.

but right now i'm more concentrating on a sex farm woman. plowing through her beanfield. pokin' her hay.

so both derek smalls and david st hubbins were on celebrity jeopardy recently. no surprise that they both won their matches. in fact lenny, er, david kicked the living shit out of everybody else...