Who watches the WATCHMEN

MrBishop

For all the fans of the comic series and for those of us that know that a smilie pin is more than a smilie pin...I am happy to say that...

The WATCHMEN movie

is coming to a theater near you...

it's about f'n time!

watchmen.jpg

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
BeardofPants said:
/me hopes they don't fuck it up....

I wonder if they're getting Alan Moore involved? For the screenplay and stuff?

How often do writers have input on a movie 'based upon their work'? If you aren't Frank Herbert, your book rights are sold when you get it made into a movie...

BeardofPants

Gato_Solo said:
How often do writers have input on a movie 'based upon their work'? If you aren't Frank Herbert, your book rights are sold when you get it made into a movie...

Well, I was just tryin' to be optimistic....

/me humps gato's leg for mentioning Frank Herbert:headbang:

MrBishop

The makers of The Watchmen realized that they couldn't possibly put everything from the Graphic Novel into the movie, but they didn't want to lose out on some of the goodness.

So... Presenting the DVD of BOTH The Black Freighter & under the Hood

Warner Home Video has released the DVD and Blu-ray Disc covers for Watchmen: Tales of the Black Freighter & Under the Hood, coming to stores on March 24. Here is how the studio describes the release:

They're in the book. And on this disc. From the director of Watchmen and 300 come two tales from the celebrated graphic novel that do not appear in the extraordinary Watchmen Theatrical Feature. Tales of the Black Freighter (featuring the voice of 300's Gerard Butler) brings to strikingly animated life the novels richly layered story-within-a-story, a daring pirate saga whose turbulent events may mirror those in the Watchmen's world. Stars from the Watchmen movie team in the amazing live-action/CGI Under the Hood, based on Nite Owl's powerful first-hand account of how the hooded adventurers came into existence. Two fan-essential stories. One place to watch the excitement. Watching the Watchmen begins here.

The DVD and Blu-ray also include the features "Story Within A Story: The Books of Watchmen" and "A First Look at Green Lantern."

blackfreighter1.jpg

Professur

So if I bought the DVD and watched it on my laptop .... would I be watching a Digital Watchman?

IDLEchild

/me hopes they don't fuck it up....

I wonder if they're getting Alan Moore involved? For the screenplay and stuff?

He hates the movie and refuses to ever see it. That's the same attitude he's had with every movie which was made from his work.