Whoops.

HomeLAN

So, V2.0 and his class did a performance of the "Three Piggy Opera" yesterday. I took off work for a couple hours to see it. He got his mother's theatrical bent, so he did fine with his part in the play. He also got his father's fine sense of balance and grace, so when he sat back down in his chair, he overbalanced and went ass-over-teakettle off the edge of the stage.

That was the end of the performance for our family. It took me 30 minutes to get him over the sheer embarassment of it all.

So, anyone out there got some really juicy public screw-ups they want to share?

tonksy

I said the F word over closed circuit TV on the ship while calling the Bingo game...wasn't really embarrassed about it though, just an accident.

Slim Pickens

tonksy said:
I said the F word over closed circuit TV on the ship while calling the Bingo game...wasn't really embarrassed about it though, just an accident.

Yeah, but remember what that chick said about your shirt? :devious:

woodman19_99

Yeah, at camp on Sunday they always had a breakfast brunch. Well, my cabin was right in front of the mess hall and I forgot to bring a towel with me to the shower right next door. Needless to say, during peak dining hours, I gave everyone a little more than they could have ever wanted to see on my sprint back from the shower ( about 20 yds). For whatever reason, it never occurred to me to but back on my boxers, even if I was wet... And now that I think back on, I should have just strutted back, rather than run...

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
uhmm, there is a lot, I went to sleepaway camp for 11 year, so mst at least saw my ass.

as an 12 year old stood up in front of 500 people and did a dead on robin leach thing, at camp, our team (it was a colour war) one a prize for it, but I was red, I hate crowds.

dropped some notes while making a speach at a wedding, my wedding. had no idea what to do.

and some worse ones.

greenfreak

Steve, I guess he was ok right? That's a pretty big fall for a kid his age, no?

When I was in 10th grade in high school, my social studies teacher had a lecturer come to the school to give an assembly. He was a Holocaust survivor.

My teacher thought it would be good for me to introduce him to the school. I didn't think that was a great idea at all. I was new to the school and scared shitless. But he was such a great guy and told me he had faith in me, it seemed worse than it would be, etc.

So the day of the assembly, I walked onto that stage with my paper, after rehearsing what I was going to say with the right voice to project to the audience, in front of the entire school.

All was going well until I said he was a Holocaust survivor from World War ONE. I didn't realize my mistake at first but some people did, because I could hear them chuckling.

My sister Rose was actually saved me from being horrified and running off the stage. She was in the audience (she was in 12th grade) and had gotten all of her friends in her class to jump to their feet and scream and cheer and clap as loud as they could. That's all I heard as I walked off the stage, instead of the roaring laughter I expected to hear.

I don't think I ever thanked my sister for that. We fought like cats and dogs in those years but she always stuck up for me. I should call her now. :)

HomeLAN

GF, the only thing that got hurt was his pride. It was only about a 2.5-foot fall.

Thanks for asking, though.

greenfreak

Kid-sized stages, that's pretty cool. :D

Prof, it's the same sister I was telling you about that I wish I could talk to more but she's working so much that I don't really get to anymore. She's having all these money issues but regardless, called me up to ask me to register for the wedding so she can budget buying us a nice present. How do you convince someone that the best present would be her just being there with her family and saving her money instead? Pride is big in our family so I understand where she's coming from but I really wish she would listen to me sometimes. :shrug:

Professur

To the best of my knowledge, I've only been near the ignore list of one person that I didn't think was a complete asshole. And I didn't know about it until much later. This is a new position for me. What to do, what to do? Do I step closer to the edge? Do I ignore the whole affaire? Do I grovel and apoloigize? Do I claim I'm jsut misunderstood?

I know

:moon:

paul_valaru

100% Pure Canadian Beef
Professur said:
To the best of my knowledge, I've only been near the ignore list of one person that I didn't think was a complete asshole. And I didn't know about it until much later. This is a new position for me. What to do, what to do? Do I step closer to the edge? Do I ignore the whole affaire? Do I grovel and apoloigize? Do I claim I'm jsut misunderstood?

I know

:moon:

I never ignored you (oh yeah, you think I`m an asshole) :lloyd: