WHY, DAMNIT, WHY?!

fury

Administrator
Staff member
do I always get acid bumps when I drink V8? :crying3:

It's soooooo good! But I can't drink it without getting a handful of bumps on the back of my head. Same goes for orange juice. Even just one full glass. I could drink V8 all the time if it weren't for the damn bumps :cuss:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I get them after lots of tomatoey stuff, or even just lots of tomato sammiches :(

greenfreak

Tomatoes and Oranges are very high in Citric Acid. I know this because they are two things my doctor told me to stay away from because they upset my stomach and cause acid reflux.

I don't know if it's true or not but someone told me that if you leave a crushed tomato on a car, it would soon eat through the paint, much like Coca Cola eats through rust.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
does the same thing happen when you eat Italian? (STOP the smartass remarks right now, I married one :D )

Professur

greenfreak said:
Tomatoes and Oranges are very high in Citric Acid. I know this because they are two things my doctor told me to stay away from because they upset my stomach and cause acid reflux.

I don't know if it's true or not but someone told me that if you leave a crushed tomato on a car, it would soon eat through the paint, much like Coca Cola eats through rust.

I can't wrap my lasagna in tinfoil because it eats right through it.

Fluffy, I feel for ya. V2.0 has a similar sensitivity. If she doesn't wash her face after eating pizza, or anything else with tomato sauce, she breaks out into a blistering rash.

Altron

greenfreak said:
much like Coca Cola eats through rust.

coca cola also dissolves bone
if you lose a tooth (or if your kid does) put it in a glass of Coke and next morning it will be gone.

I cant eat alot of tomato either. i dont eat regular tomatos, tomato sause, or ketchup. i do eat pizza, but only if it has more cheese than sause. sometimes i scrape of the sause too.

what is reflux?