Why was Angry Aagain banned?

Status
Not open for further replies.

markjs

Banned
I realize it's not necissarily my business but I did a search of his recent posting activity today and found no good reason for a ban? I didn't even know he existed til I looked in a thread today and saw that he was there recently and was banned? Maybe the banning offense was deleted, but I am just really curious because so far the only thing I can determine from some of his posts is an anti conservative stance.

markjs

Banned
I didn't think you would do that but I am asking you to indulge me and tell me why he was banned?(Might help others of us to not make the same mistake), or at least tell me there is no chance in hell you are going to tell me or I'll keep asking.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
there is no chance in hell we are going to tell you. It was absolutely nothing to do with his politics however.

markjs

Banned
Thank you for that at least Leslie. I do note that as well as me not getting notifications this thread shows only one reply when there are 3 at last check.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
markjs said:
Thank you for that at least Leslie. I do note that as well as me not getting notifications this thread shows only one reply when there are 3 at last check.
for this thread specifically,

I believe that it will only send one notification until the thread has been "marked as read"
so...if you don't go offline/sign out or let the board do it for you with the 20 minutes idle thing, it will not send out any more.

It's a "feature really", you don't want 30 emails in 10 minutes for a hopping thread.

markjs

Banned
No when viewing the forum itself it showed one reply to the thread and then on opening it there were three. Now it says 5 and there are 5. I don't know that it means anything but I mentioned it because of my notifications trouble. Seems the board is acting slightly weird.

Mirlyn

markjs said:
No when viewing the forum itself it showed one reply to the thread and then on opening it there were three. Now it says 5 and there are 5. I don't know that it means anything but I mentioned it because of my notifications trouble. Seems the board is acting slightly weird.
I think "replies" are handled like "views" which is calculated at a scheduled rate (like every 15-30 mins, not automatically on each page view). There's a post around here somewhere about the views thing.

Raven

Annoying SOB
Mirlyn said:
I think "replies" are handled like "views" which is calculated at a scheduled rate (like every 15-30 mins, not automatically on each page view). There's a post around here somewhere about the views thing.
Bandwidth saver I'd imagine. Imagine if at peak times, when the site is getting hit left right and centre, if the server also had to generate that for EVERY user for each page they viewed.

Poor lil hampster would keel over :D;)

ClaireBear

Banned
Raven said:
Poor lil hampster would keel over :D;)

A hampster is a cross between a small rodent and something you carry your picnic in!!!

A HAMSTER is a small Syrian/Chinese/Russian rodent of various colouration and hair type kept as a children's pet!!!!

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
ClaireBear said:
A hampster is a cross between a small rodent and something you carry your picnic in!!!

A HAMSTER is a small Syrian/Chinese/Russian rodent of various colouration and hair type kept as a children's pet!!!!

:alienhuh:

Raven

Annoying SOB
I can never imagine wild hamsters.....everytime I think of them, I always get an image of a mob of them mauling a lion :tardbang:

Gato_Solo

Raven said:
I can never imagine wild hamsters.....everytime I think of them, I always get an image of a mob of them mauling a lion :tardbang:

:lol2: Or charging off of a cliff...or is that lemmings...ahhh a rat's a rat. :lloyd:

ClaireBear

Banned
Gato_Solo said:
:lol2: Or charging off of a cliff...or is that lemmings...ahhh a rat's a rat. :lloyd:

Actually the idea of the "suicidal lemming" is false.

Disney wildlife documentary directors and camera crew literally chased them off the edge of a cliff... poor li'l critters.

Gato_Solo

ClaireBear said:
Actually the idea of the "suicidal lemming" is false.

Disney wildlife documentary directors and camera crew literally chased them off the edge of a cliff... poor li'l critters.

Had to make the film exciting somehow...;) Read my 'woodchuck' story. It'll make you smile. :D :lloyd:

Gato_Solo

BTW...Who in the hell was Angry Aagain? I only saw one post by this person, and it seemed innocuous enough...If this is beating a dead horse, just let me know...

horse.gif

:D

Raven

Annoying SOB
:tomato:

Coulda been anything......even name-I-wont-say-for-it's-sods-law-he'll-come-back coming back to haunt us...

Status
Not open for further replies.