Wickerman and Crank

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
Me and Ian were without kids yesterday, so we went to see 2 movies: Crank and Wickerman.

Crank: if you like Jason Statham (Transporter(s), Snatch, Cellular, Lock, Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels etc..) then you're gonna love this movie. It's action from the word go and some great humor blended in. Great scene was when he and GF were in Chinatown... heh heh... anyways - I'm going to see it again while it's still in the theaters.

The Wickerman: I don't know what to say about this movie. I think, had I known how weak it was, I'd have waited til it came on DVD. Nicholas Cage was not at his best and the ending was hugely disappointing, to me.

My 2 cents.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Wickerman I might rent. Looks intriguing.

Crank I won't bother with. I don't like the way it is being marketed. IMO, to make a movie, give it a tag line like "The more rush the better" or whatever it was, then title it with the street name for meth is in poor taste. Just my thoughts though...I couldn't care less.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
It's about a guy who has to keep his heart cranked or he dies. He is seeking revenge. It's not about the meth or speed or crank.

Professur

Well, I haven't seen any of the other movies you list with Crank .... for pretty much the same reason I'll not see crank: juvenile drivel.

Wickerman is a remake. Stick to the original. Cage hasn't done anything good since Connery nursed him through "The Rock". the man's more typecast than William Shatner. And about as good an actor.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
It's about a guy who has to keep his heart cranked or he dies. He is seeking revenge. It's not about the meth or speed or crank.

I know it isn't. But they sure took the opportunity to tie the two together in its marketing. And I find that repulsive. Sell movie tickets all you like. Do it without making connections to fatal drugs.

Spirit

Kissy Goddess
I saw it again today while my son was on his *date*.

I would like to be Amy Smart when they were in Chinatown. Sigh.

BlurOfSerenity

I know it isn't. But they sure took the opportunity to tie the two together in its marketing. And I find that repulsive. Sell movie tickets all you like. Do it without making connections to fatal drugs.

that's what bothers me about it too. the commercial says, SEX. DRUGS. ADRENALINE. it seems like a pathetic excuse to glorify hedonism/excess.
freespirited/overall open minded though i am, destructive/decadent excess makes me feel physically sick to my stomach to think about. it's so unhealthy, yet so blatantly praised at times. it disgusts me.

spike

"If you're not wasted, the day is" - Deaf Fratguy

I saw Transporter 1, Snatch, and Lock Stock and 2 Smoking Barrels which were all good. Especially Lock Stock.

I'll be seeing Crank and Transporter 2 as soon as I get the chance.