• Widescreen

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Fullscreen

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I'd prefer a HDTV 16:9 so it wouldn't matter. For the big square box, widescreen so I don't miss anything.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Maybe I'm not a nerd afterall, or maybe just cause I don't own a widescreen, and hate that black strip on the top and bottom. I don't know, I guess one of the two.

Jeslek

Banned
PuterTutor said:
Maybe I'm not a nerd afterall, or maybe just cause I don't own a widescreen, and hate that black strip on the top and bottom. I don't know, I guess one of the two.
lol, I used to hate the strips, but after a while you get used to it and can never go back.

whoreable

it does depend on the size of the tv. on my 13 inch i wouldn't really want widescreen on my 27" i would.

equinoxe3d

Widescreen for me, but using fullscreen in some cases is recommended since some rear projection TVs can get the black stripes stamped on the screen if used too long (like videogames HUDs and stuff like that)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
the scenes stamped are not a problem with TVs/monitors from the 90s to date. The affected monitors were those ttl/hercules stuff, and i don't recall ever seeing a TV with that problem other than an old TV from the 50s.

freako104

i like mine widescreen cause with that i feel like theres more you can see in it. full screen doesnt have that ive seen.

equinoxe3d

Luis G said:
the scenes stamped are not a problem with TVs/monitors from the 90s to date. The affected monitors were those ttl/hercules stuff, and i don't recall ever seeing a TV with that problem other than an old TV from the 50s.

True, it isn't a problem anymore with any modern CRT TVs and LCDs but a few rear projectors (41" and bigger) still are sensitive, I know somebody who had an image stuck because he left his PlayStation paused for awhile, and it's an '98 rear projection TV...

Anyways, widescreen rocks :headbang:

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
i just noticed.........widescreen is a joke on many movies.......it displays LESS image than the 4x3 format.

i'm not talking about pixels, i'm talking about the shot itself, some stuff doesn't show in widescreen formats. that just SUCKS, it is supposed to show everything FS do plus an extra portion...

Ardsgaine

It depends. Lawrence of Arabia has to be widescreen. Four Weddings and a Funeral is a good candidate for full screen. :shrug: