WikiLeaks: Murder of Journalists Video Released

valkyrie

The UC Law School believes Pres. Obama was a "professor" ...
UC Law School statement: The Law School has received many media requests about Barack Obama, especially about his status as "Senior Lecturer." From 1992 until his election to the U.S. Senate in 2004, Barack Obama served as a professor in the Law School. He was a Lecturer from 1992 to 1996. He was a Senior Lecturer from 1996 to 2004, during which time he taught three courses per year. Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors, although not full-time or tenure-track. The title of Senior Lecturer is distinct from the title of Lecturer, which signifies adjunct status. Like Obama, each of the Law School's Senior Lecturers have high-demand careers in politics or public service, which prevent full-time teaching. Several times during his 12 years as a professor in the Law School, Obama was invited to join the faculty in a full-time tenure-track position, but he declined.
Whether or not spike believes Pres. Obama was ever a professor doesn't matter. (No offense, spike.)

spike

Yeah, I know.....you don't say a lot of things while alluding to say something.

I never alluded to anything about him being a law professor. You completely made it up randomly.

...but I'm glad we agree that he never was a constitutional law professor.

It doesn't matter if I agree as it was just your attempt to randomly change the subject. Factcheck disagrees with you though.

BeardofPants

RE: the thread start, this may be a horrible fuck-up, but I think it's hard to judge the decision-making when you haven't been in the sand-box yourself. It's just a tragic mistake. Why must we politicise everything?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Honorary degrees and professorships do not equate.

In this case, the subject was a "professor in the Law School." You can not teach with an "honorary degree".

Senior Lecturers are considered to be members of the Law School faculty and are regarded as professors

:shrug:

The word regarded lacks credence. He is or he is not.

ResearchMonkey

War = Break things, kill people.

You want photo's of war, expect that you might not survive "getting the shot". (Thats why they make the big bucks)

BoP, yes!

spike

RE: the thread start, this may be a horrible fuck-up, but I think it's hard to judge the decision-making when you haven't been in the sand-box yourself. It's just a tragic mistake. Why must we politicise everything?

Whoever has the responsibility for judging the actions of the soldiers certainly needs to evaluate this fuck up and decide if their actions were reasonable.

Also, the cover up needs to be investigated by whoever has that responsibility.

spike

Since you won't elaborate on your Fuck America position I'm going to have to assume that you think if any soldier does something questionable at any time that you need to generalize that into some hate towards the whole country.

That's just not logical Gonz. If you want to hate on America over this that is your right but it doesn't make much sense to me.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Show me soldiers doing questionable things & we'll talk. Until then, I'm just supporting your position.

spike

There's soldiers doing questionable things in this video. Also the cover up is extremely questionable. That is my position which you are not supporting.

You are taking the acts of a few soldiers and whoever tried to cover it up and using it to say Fuck the Entire Country or something. That is not rational to make generalizations like that.