Woman admits stomping boy, 4, to death

Professur

On Monday, Joey Brackob's family got what they had sought for more than three years: an admission of guilt and remorse from the woman who killed the 4-year-old boy.

"I apologize to everyone, especially Joey," said a tearful Angela Doster. "I am sorry for all the pain I caused everybody. I will have to live with this action for the rest of my life. If I could change any of it, I would."

Charged with murder, Doster, 28, pleaded guilty to voluntary manslaughter. Clayton County Superior Court Judge Al Collier sentenced her to the maximum prison term: 20 years.

image_1804443.jpg

Doster was Joey's stepmother in March 2002 when he was stomped to death in his Forest Park home. Clayton County police said they found a bruise on the boy's abdomen that perfectly matched Doster's white leather lace-up sneakers.

Doster told police that Joey had fallen down stairs in the house and that she accidentally stepped on him, and she stuck to that story until Monday. After consulting with the child's family, prosecutors agreed to the plea bargain.

"The family only wanted her to acknowledge what she did," said Clayton District Attorney Jewel Scott.

About a dozen relatives attended the hearing, most of whom wept during Doster's apology.

Jane Brackob, Joey's stepgrandmother, was the only family member to take the witness stand. She said she spoke for Joey's sister, Brittany.

"Brittany said to tell Angela she knows she killed Joey and that she can no longer harm any members of her family," Brackob said. "She just doesn't understand why. Why did Joey have to die?"

Doster offered no explanation. Her defense lawyer, John Beall, said he didn't know the motive either. "Only God knows what happened," Beall said. "She intentionally stepped on him, and he was covered in bruises."

"It was not an easy decision, but there was a strong undercurrent of needing to heal," Senior Assistant District Attorney Richard Brown said of the plea bargain.

Doster and Joey's father, Robert Joseph Brackob Jr., had two children each when they married. Child welfare workers in several Georgia and Tennessee counties were involved with the family, and the children were removed from the home more than once.

After the couple divorced, Brackob, 30, was killed in a car wreck two years ago, leaving Brittany in the custody of her biological mother. Doster has two daughters, Taylor, 9, and Hannah, 6, now living with their biological fathers.

Stomped a 4 year old to death. What a sweet way to kill off the spawn of your husband, and his ex.

Source

Professur

Do ya have any really dull blades? You don't strike me as the sort. You're like me, aren't ya. Keep the tools in better condition than your wardrobe?

JJR512

You fucking bitch.

YOU have to live with what you did? What about Joey? Can HE live with what you did? No, you fucking bitch.

And 20 years being the max is bullshit, too. Nobody with a child wrote that law, I'm quite sure.