Word of the day...

Inkara1

I checked their web site, and Hellmann's mayo was the first mayo on the east coast, and Best Foods introduced Mayo to California. Both companies grew, and eventually Best Foods bought Hellmann's.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
The word for today is

Begathon - n. A multi-day event on public television, used to raise money so you won't have to watch commercials.

Oz

Gato_Solo said:
The word for today is

Begathon - n. A multi-day event on public television, used to raise money so you won't have to watch commercials.

Good word :)

For all you folks who don't have access to a telly at the mo'.......send contributions to -

ozisascroungingbastard@I'mf'ingskint.com :)

All contributions will be put to good use, thanks!

Inkara1

Gato_Solo said:

They still advertise. They don't show commercials, but you get stuff like, "Nova is sponsored by ChevronTexaco... and viewers like you."

Gato_Solo

The Word

Blithwapping - v. Using anything BUT a hammer to hammer a nail into the wall, such as shoes, lamp bases, doorstops, etc.

tonksy

Gato_Solo said:
The Word

Blithwapping - v. Using anything BUT a hammer to hammer a nail into the wall, such as shoes, lamp bases, doorstops, etc.
they got a word for that? i just always attached the word hammer to any object...another nifty thing i picked up in the navy.

Gato_Solo

tonksy said:
they got a word for that? i just always attached the word hammer to any object...another nifty thing i picked up in the navy.

:shrug: I'm getting these words off the net. They just sound funny.

tonksy

Inkara1 said:
What's the word for is you use a hammer to kill a cockroach instead of a shoe?
running joke in the south:
what do you say when a new transplant asks what you use to kill roaches because they've tried everything from raid to boric acid?

you tell 'em a brick.

Inkara1

If the boric acid isn't working, give it more time. It takes a few weeks to really see the difference, but you really see it.

BeardofPants

Oz said:
Good word :)

For all you folks who don't have access to a telly at the mo'.......send contributions to -

ozisascroungingbastard@I'mf'ingskint.com :)

All contributions will be put to good use, thanks!

Do you accept cheques? :retard:

Gato_Solo

New day, new word...

Brattled (brat' uld) - adj. The unsettling feeling, at a stoplight, that the busload of kids that just pulled up beside you is making fun of you.

Gato_Solo

Caterpallor (n.): The color you turn after finding half a grub (worm) in the fruit you're eating.

MrBishop

because people ahve asked about my title...

Tetraplycotemy - the art of cutting a hair into four parts. A finer version of splitting hairs, especially in relation to an arguement. Finicky.

Gato_Solo

Cinemuck - n. The combination of popcorn, soda, and melted chocolate which covers the floors of movie theaters.

Sharky

My favorite Louisiana word is "lagniappe" (lan-yap), which means "a little something extra" or "a small gift". They have a bread loaf size that's a little bigger than regular, labeled "lagniappe".

Gato_Solo

Yinkel - n. A person who combs his hair over his bald spot, hoping no one will notice.
:D