World Bank and IMF, Prudential & NYSE and Citigroup

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
New targets by the group of murderers calling itself al qaeda. More than yellow, less than red in NYC, northern NJ & DC. Stocks are in for a pounding this week. Can't we just make ashtrays & be done with this?

FoxNews

Nothing to worry about here---- at least according to Howie Dean:

In an interview Sunday on CNN's "Late Edition," Dean said he was "concerned that every time something happens that's not good for President Bush, he plays this trump card, which is terrorism."

"His whole campaign is based on the notion that 'I can keep you safe, therefore, in times of difficulty in America, stick with me,' " Dean said. "It's just impossible to know how much of this is real and how much of this is politics, and I suspect there's some of both."

The only thing that psycho Dean and the rest of the Dems are worried about is that the American people realize that President Bush is the man to deal with threats of terrorism, and that a heightened terror alert only shines light on John-John's inadequacies. They just don't understand that these Islamic scumbag terrorists cannot be negotiated with, appeased, or contained, and the Dems can't be trusted with this nation's security.

Kerry weighed in from Michigan:

Kerry repeated his argument that the Bush administration is encouraging the recruitment of terrorists. He said Bush hasn't reached out to other countries and the Muslim community.
"The policies of this administration, I believe and others believe very deeply, have resulted in an increase of animosity and anger focused on the United States of America," Kerry told reporters after a campaign meeting with first responders. "The people who are training terror are using our actions as a means of recruitment."

He's just sad, isn't he? At least Dean had the "Dean Scream."

Meanwhile, investors said "Screw you" to al Queda:

Dow 10,179.16 ^ 39.45
NASDAQ 1,892.09 ^ 4.73
S&P 1,106.62 ^ 4.90

rrfield

The first think that crossed my mind when I heard Ridge speak was "wag the dog" - divert the publics attention. The Dems had by most accounts a very succesful convention, the media had been lavishing praise on Kerry's performance. Time to play the trump card so to speak.

It's not unlike Clinton bombing the former Yugoslavia right after the Lewinski story hit the press. Actually Clinton's acts were far more dispicable - people died. At least Bush's acts are only political.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to think the president would not play off of the publics fears for political gain. My gut says otherwise.

Professur

rrfield said:
The first think that crossed my mind when I heard Ridge speak was "wag the dog" - divert the publics attention. The Dems had by most accounts a very succesful convention, the media had been lavishing praise on Kerry's performance. Time to play the trump card so to speak.

It's not unlike Clinton bombing the former Yugoslavia right after the Lewinski story hit the press. Actually Clinton's acts were far more dispicable - people died. At least Bush's acts are only political.

I hope I'm wrong. I'd like to think the president would not play off of the publics fears for political gain. My gut says otherwise.

Up here it's the seperatist nonsense. And still, the sheep fall for it.

HomeLAN

rrfield said:

It's possible. It'd be more believable if Kerry's numbers had jumped post-convention instead of falling over like a dead cat, but it's possible.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
rrfield said:

*anger grows immensely*
When should we start connecting the goddamned DOTS?????

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
UPDATED: 8/3/2004, 2:52 p.m.

Nearly 3,000 pounds of stolen ammonium nitrate are unaccounted for in North Carolina, even as the U.S. braces itself against a possible al Qaeda truck bomb attack.

Mixed with fuel oil, ammonium nitrate is a favored ingredient used in al Qaeda truck bombs.

Two and a half tons of the volatile fertilizer were stolen from a Royster-Clark fertilizer plant in Winston-Salem, N.C. in early July, according to the Winston-Salem Police Department. Nearly a month after the theft was reported, 2,950 pounds are still unaccounted for, police said Monday. The rest was recovered.

A July 30 bulletin from the FBI and the Department of Homeland Security warned of al Qaeda's frequent use of ammonium nitrate as a bomb component, also noting its use in Oklahoma City. The bulletin also cited recent instances in which al Qaeda has stockpiled ammonium nitrate abroad.

IntelWire