World Cup 2006...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
World Cup...is that like the World Series only with silly men in shorts?

Inkara1

I missed the game, but I read the recap of where the US got ass-fucked by the Czechs 3-0. There hasn't been a beating like that on TV since Rodney King.

Inkara1

Yes... and losing a soccer match 3-0 is about the equivalent of losing a football game 42-0, or losing a baseball game 12-0.

chcr

Too cute for words
Professur said:
No. In this one, they actually invite more than one other country to compete.
Hey, we never would have invited you if we'd thought you'd ever have a chance to actually win one. :lloyd:

chcr

Too cute for words
Professur said:
I wasn't aware that Maurice Richard was stolen .... or that he ever played baseball.
:p

My favorite player from that era was Rod Gilbert.

Inkara1

Interesting conspiracy theory: The Blue Jays won the championship in 1992 and 1993. Les Expos had the best record in Major League Baseball in 1994 when play stopped due to the strike. After the strike, baseball north of the border has sucked.

Coincidence?

Professur

And this year, many of the top teams in hockey are from cities that don't even see snow. But they sure see dollar signs.

chcr

Too cute for words
Professur said:
I'm sure you'll not be terribly shocked to discover that I've no clue who that might be.
Wing for the Rangers in the late sixties and early seventies. He was fast. :shrug:

Pronounce "jheelbair" of course.

kuulani

side note - this is the first year a Hawaiian is playing in the World Cup ... Brian Ching ... yummy!

content%5Cworkout%5C2005%5C050406%5Cbrian_ching%5Cimages%5Cpage_01_image_01.jpg

chcr

Too cute for words
Brazil beat Croatia today but it wasn't easy. France and the Swiss tied nil all. Oh, and Korea beat Togo.

unclehobart

I caught a good but of the Togo/Korea action. They were both playing ... erm... (kindly) stiff and erratic... (unkind) like stoned mypoic third graders. I would have chuckled at the passing and ball control if it wern't so sad.

Altron

I'm no expert when it comes to soccer, but what the hell were they doing in that game? Half the goal attempts they kicked it at like a 45 degree angle so it went way over the goal.

Edit - referring to Korea/Togo

I cut Health and US History to watch it, but I got kicked out and needed to go to Physics right after the second Korean goal.