World Cup 2006...

AlladinSane

Play on the offensive against an Africam team is like russian roulette. Unfortunately that's the only option US has...

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
There's still a chance, the US needs to win and Italy is already defeating the Czechs.

Luis G

Staff member
NO!!!

First stage is 80% completed, then 2nd, 3rd, semifinals and the final.

unclehobart

The World Cup is like pro basketball.

You play the entire season just to eliminate like 4 lousy teams from the postseason... then you have a 50 game multi tier playoff that takes 90 days just to get to the final.

chcr

Too cute for words
Luis G said:
2-1 is not that bad, considering that the last 2 goals fell near half of the game.
Sorry I didn't get back to this sooner. Remember, they really only scored one goal in three games. 2-1 was pretty much an insurmountable lead.

rrfield

Thank God it's over, now SportsCenter won't be cluttered with useless soccer BS. Only 5 weeks until FOOTBALL training camps begin!

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
HomeLAN said:
It ain't over until July 9.

The hell you say.

I would say it's at least more entertaining than the WNBA. But that'd be a lie.

OK. So we got rid of the NBA and the NHL nonsense this week. Winter sports have no place in June. I guess we have to suffer this noise a bit longer. THEN we can get back to our national past time, the greatest sport conceived by mortal man. Then it ain't long till football starts (the kind with wide receivers and strong safeties). I can deal.

Stop Laughing

Argentina knocked out Mexico in OT 2-1. At least they made a good fight of it.

I wish the Cubs were watchable and the White Sox weren't...

Inkara1

Granted, but they still find a way to lose short of reaching the World Series.

Oops, wrong thread.

Luis G

Staff member
Stop Laughing said:
Argentina knocked out Mexico in OT 2-1. At least they made a good fight of it.

Yeah, that was a damn fine game. 1st time was dominated practically by Mexico, 2nd time was by Argentina. The coach had to burn 2 player exchanges earlier because of injuries, which gave Argentina a slight advantage since they were able to put fresh players to replace the tired ones.

AlladinSane

I had to miss the end of the game, but it was good to see the Mexicans making the Argies pay for every chunk of field. Yesterday, England won Ecuador in a mediocre match, and Portugal send Netherlands back home in a true battlefield. I can see the English going much far playing like that. Though Portugal will miss almost half a team for injuries or suspensions.
By now, Germany is the only one that won smoothly.

chcr

Too cute for words
AlladinSane said:
I had to miss the end of the game, but it was good to see the Mexicans making the Argies pay for every chunk of field. Yesterday, England won Ecuador in a mediocre match, and Portugal send Netherlands back home in a true battlefield. I can see the English going much far playing like that. Though Portugal will miss almost half a team for injuries or suspensions.
By now, Germany is the only one that won smoothly.
I think England will win because of all the suspensions to the starting Portugal players (the idiot referee should be summarily executed). We saw again yesterday why Beckham commands the big bucks, huh? ;)

Psst... Brazil is going down. ;)

AlladinSane

Brazil is not that good either, but I still think it will win over Ghana. Who score first will most likely win though. Had we to deal with Argentina, Germany or Italy at this point it will be different. Though Ghana have fine players I do think it still lacks organization to be a strong contender. I MAY be wrong of course, but I don't think they will make it past the quarters...
BTW Italy suffered to defeat Australia, and will fight Switzerland or Ukraine(most likely the former)