World Cup 2006...

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Penalties.....and what happened to Zidane?? that was plainly brutal.

Luis G

Staff member
I feel sorry for the poor french that failed the penalty. 4 more years 'til the next world cup, southafrica.

AlladinSane

Luis G said:
Materazzi said something to him, only God knows what, but it was decisive. Materazzi was the name of the game. France didn't deserve to lose, but it happens.
My balance:
Best Player: Zidane(France)
Best Team: France(this one's hard, Italy is very good also)
Best Goalkeeper: Buffon(Italy)
Best match: Italy 1-1 France(easy one)
Best Coach: Luis Felipe Scolari(Portugal)
Most beautiful goal: Joe Cole(England) in England 2-2 Sweden

spike

Luis G said:

I heard that guy is retiring now. His last act as a player was a cheap head butt tantrum.

Inkara1

I'm still shocked that when France played Germany, the French didn't hold up white flags and immediately surrender to the Germans.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
K, so it's over now, right? Back on the backburner for another four years? Everyone can quit pretending to give a rat's drowned ass about soccer again? We can resume teaching our kids to field grounders and such?

AlladinSane

spike said:
I heard that guy is retiring now. His last act as a player was a cheap head butt tantrum.
Yup, it's strange a guy like him fell for a basic provocation like that. They say Materazzi talked something about his sister. That was primary. I don't think that would have changed the result of the match, but he could have avoid leavng that way in his last match of career. Anyway in cup lacking good players he was the best of the best. You'll be missed Zinedine:
zinedine_zidane_220x350.jpg

chcr

Too cute for words
SouthernN'Proud said:
K, so it's over now, right? Back on the backburner for another four years? Everyone can quit pretending to give a rat's drowned ass about soccer again? We can resume teaching our kids to field grounders and such?
Rugby World Cup is next year. ;)

rrfield

At least in Rugby the players dont fall to the ground and cry like a little bitch everytime they get touched.

tonksy

rrfield said:
At least in Rugby the players dont fall to the ground and cry like a little bitch everytime they get touched.
Can you imagine if that crap happened in American football?

chcr

Too cute for words
rrfield said:
Even when someone runs by relatively close. I agree that international soccer has more than it's fair share of whiners.

tonksy said:
Can you imagine if that crap happened in American football?
It does. Not as often, but it still does.

Luis G

Staff member
chcr said:
Even when someone runs by relatively close. I agree that international soccer has more than it's fair share of whiners.

I agree, but:
- they aren't wearing any protection except for the shin one,
- they have zero fat, whereas af players look like tanks,
- they play constantly, not like af where 8 seconds can last half hour.

tonksy

Not all American football players look like tanks - just the defensive line. Offensive players may be tall etc for reach but they need to be quick and nimble which is hard to be when you are heavy.