worldcom going same way as enron

ris

telecoms giant worldcom have admitted they orchestrated $4bn of accoutning fraud to push their stock price up.
worldwide share prices have been hit hard, with telecoms stocks taking the biggest wallop.

bbc more

Jeslek

Banned
I really support the people that are now digging. All of this bullshit should come out so that people can know about it and say goodbye to the companies that fucked with their money.

alex

Get this, MCI Worlcom is my long distance carrier. I got a bill the other day and noticed a couple of extra charges on the long distance portion of the bill:

Billing option fee - $1.50 (does this mean I have the option to NOT be billed)

Partial Minimum usage fee - $2.00 WTF? :mad:

I guess this means they expect us to pay for it.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Worldcom = MCI ???????'

fuck.........that'll screw the Internet........

Fortunately, i browse via Alestra (AT&amp;T in Mexico) networks.

Jeslek

Banned
My long distance carrier is AT&T ) Who are you guys using? And why?

I got his deal from AT&T for something like 5.9 cent (Canadian) [3 pennies UK I guess] per minute anywhere in North America. Calls to Britain are 7.9 cents a minute, and most of continental Europe 14.9. Hong Kong is like 9 cents I believe. Afghanistan almost $3 a minute. eek

Luis G

Staff member
Avantel, it is a mexican company and goes outside of Mexico via MCI.

Calls inside the country are about US$0.8 per minute.

A couple of years ago i called to Italy, around US$0.80 per minute, don't remember right.

ris

i'm on ntl here in the uk but we don't have special long-distance/overseas call rates as such. you can buy into third party ones in the uk pretty easy though.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Originally posted by Luis G
Worldcom = MCI ???????'

fuck.........that'll screw the Internet........

Don't worry, if nothing else our great country will step in and take care of that part of it. They don't want the kind of pissed off people we'd be without our internet.

Luis G

Staff member
aww crap, i just read that probly next week they're going to declare the company in bankrupt.

Their share market in Latin America is already for sale.
I hope that don't hit Mexico economy hard, reason:

Worldcom owns 45% of Avantel, the remaining belongs to Banamex (biggest mexican bank, and Citibank partner).