Worst Song Ever Stuck in your head

PrincessLissa

Well, what was it?

Last night I had the TV on for backround noise while I was working on my crazy quilt patch and I noticed that the informercial about the tools that help you make millons on E-bay was on. Whenever they went through the montage of people sharing how much money they have made and such, they played this backround music that sounded WAY too much like Wilson Phillips. I had that song stuck in my head forever last night. Bleh.

"Some day somebody’s gonna make you want to
Turn around and say goodbye
Until then baby are you going to let them
Hold you down and make you cry
Don’t you know?
Don’t you know things can change
Things’ll go your way
If you hold on for one more day
Can you hold on for one more day
Things’ll go your way
Hold on for one more day"

Ugh.

MrBishop

[singing] Skinamarinky dinky dink, Skinamarinky doo, I love you
Skinamarinky dinky dink, Skinamarinky doo, I love you

I love you in the morning, and in the afternoon
I love you in the evening, and underneath the moon

Skinamarinky dinky dink, Skinamarinky doo....I love you
I love you too boo boopy doo [/singing]

Starya

Let me just treat you to a pic of the artist in question.

Behold, Sputnik.

sputniksak.jpg

Horrible. Just horrible.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
I get this a lot. I'm a music fanatic, but it seems most of the songs I get stuck in my head are songs I hate.

I firmly believe that one of the absolute worst songs in the history of recorded music is that dreadful one hit wonder from Dexy's Midnight Runners, Come On Eileen. Hate it hate it hate it haaaa-aaaaate IT!

Then again, once you get that asinine name song from the 60s in there it will not leave. (Banana-nana-fo-fana....etc) Homicidal thoughts commonly accompany this thing's emergence into the conscious mind.

The last one I suffered through was a couple of days ago, when I was beseiged with a never ending loop of Tragedy by the Bee Gees out of a clear blue sky. :crying4:

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Folks...I was, in my youth, a trombonist. Mostly symphonic, but also big-band. You do not want to start a thread about music that sticks in your head. Why? Because it doesn't happen to me, and I can post lyrics of the most annoying, saccharine melodies, you've ever heard. For your own safety...do not start with music that sticks in your heads...and I know quite a few tunes, too...

This has been a public service announcement

AllEars'

Professur said:
I have to wonder about the wisdom of inviting you missus to the BBS you post at, S&P.

*Thread drift*
He did not invite me, I am my own person. I was lurking around this site for weeks before he joined, I just hadn't joined till the other day when a certain conversation with a certain*cough* TG *cough* ticked me off. I do not need his permission to do things nor does he need mine. I differ on many of his opinions and it can get real heated between us. Since I am still a newbie I have refrained from battling with him or others on our different view points.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Professur said:
OK, now I'm torn. I don't know wether to bait this hook, or not.

Depends what you're fishing for...and remember...just because you baited for pike, it doesn't mean you won't catch a muskie...

AllEars'

Professur said:
OK, now I'm torn. I don't know wether to bait this hook, or not.

Bait away not sure I will take it though. Remember who I live with, I can hold my own, just ask him. Careful what you bait though you may bite off more then you can chew. :devious:

Professur

You know what the biggest difference between bass fishing and muskie is? The damage involved in putting your hand in it's mouth.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
It should be against the AUP to bring the wife/husband/gf/bf to OTC :D :D

Disclaimer, not pointing fingers, but I would never do such a thing, it is dangerous ;)

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Professur said:
Does your GF even read english?

I have no gf right now, but all of my recent exs can read/write/speak english, I like the educated type girl.