Writing a love song??

IDLEchild

Cool or lame?

Not shit love song but an actual effort at writing a love song which isn't whiny, cheesy or horribly predictable.

Would you do it?

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I think I would be a bit frightened by it if I hadn't been with the dude doing it for several years.

But that could be just me.

chcr

Too cute for words
IDLEchild said:
Cool or lame?

Not shit love song but an actual effort at writing a love song which isn't whiny, cheesy or horribly predictable.

Would you do it?

Done it. More than once. Meant it many times.

Note that I have written one with an interchangeable name, so perhaps our definitions of love differ. :lloyd:

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Follow the muse.

I've written lyrics for a couple of songs, but I can't play an instrument, so although I hear the tune in my head, I can't do anything with it.

PrincessLissa

I am not good at writing songs, but I write poetry and rants. If I cuold write songs, I would doit in a heartbeat. Music can be so powerful when done right and if I had the chance to do it right, I sure would.

IDLEchild

tonksy said:
i've done it. you should always follow your creative flow. go for it.

Ha...No, not me. I was watching scrubs where the issue of writing love songs was brought up for a second or so.

Got me thinking: Is writing a love song considered an overbearing act of one's effections or a very beautiful way of making one's self vulrenable for the love of someone significant....even if you aren't known to be musician of any type?

So I wondered and I ask.

tonksy

IDLEchild said:
Ha...No, not me. I was watching scrubs where the issue of writing love songs was brought up for a second or so.

Got me thinking: Is writing a love song considered an overbearing act of one's effections or a very beautiful way of making one's self vulrenable for the love of someone significant....even if you aren't known to be musician of any type?

So I wondered and I ask.
i suppose it all depends on the person and the sincerity in which the song is written.