WTC Memorial

highwayman

I don't have a problem with puting up something at the sight of the former WTC in rememberance of the lives lost, it needs to be more then a plaque.
The most important thing to do is to rebuild the towers to put forward a big FUCK YOU to any asswipe that thinks they can pull that kind of shit....

Winky

or should it be thats or that's ?

Bueller,,, Bueller

"Inky"?

ferris.JPG

unclehobart

There are few that were in the buildings that deserve any kind of memorial. The ones that do were the cops and firemen that streamed in to help and got waxed.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
unless the current plans are blocked, “the ability to visit and contemplate the authentic site where their family members’ last remains reside will be forever lost.”
errrrr...weird.

Isn`t that kinda equal to the biggest and bestest gravemarker ever?
Why can`t they visit?
They don`t get that those remains were incinerated, bulldozed, and have blown away by now?
It`s NYC - if not that it`ll be some building with a Starbucks on the ground floor or something. Or an empty lot with weeds and trash.

I don`t get it. :alienhuh:

catocom

PT said:
Huh. This kinda bothers me. I'm thinking "You silly bastards, where else should we put the memorial? You want it in Kansas or something?"
Yep. They are already going to build a bid memorial. The radicals want this
to show the bombers side of the story also. :alienhuh:
I say don't build it at all.

unclehobart

There needs to be a record setting 2000 meter tower encompassing 10 square blocks completely covered in monstrous speakers and searchlights. Set it to 24/7 screeching out 'REMEMBER ME!!!!' that can be heard 2 states away.

...lest we forget.

catocom

I thought that was the proposal, except for the speakers part.
I though this whole issue was solved a year ago. :alienhuh:

The birdlike monument, 5 buildings with one even taller than to original 2 towers,
with lights, and the museum would be like 5 blocks away from that. :shrug:

Winky

Yeah Les weird indeed
a couple thousand people reduced to miniscule fragments
mixed in with millions of tons of debris hauled off and done away with
and all we are left with is petty discussion about memorials
and calls for impeachment of a President for removing a murderous dictator

strange indeed

time will tell though...

BeardofPants

unclehobart said:
There needs to be a record setting 2000 meter tower encompassing 10 square blocks completely covered in monstrous speakers and searchlights. Set it to 24/7 screeching out 'REMEMBER ME!!!!' that can be heard 2 states away.

...lest we forget.

OMFG, that's so.... :rofl4:

greenfreak

How nice it must be to be so far removed that you can afford to be flip and sarcastic about the WTC and what happened there.

You people appall me sometimes. You really do.