WTF is going on???

a13antichrist

These pages are taking YEARS to load. And that's not an exaggeration. I timed at least 10 minutes for the Town Hall forum to come up.

It's not just OTC though, access to any and all sites your side of the Atlantic is crippled, whereas all Euro sites seem fine. Can someone give www.BBC.co.uk a go and cruise around a bit to test the other direction? Also this forum http://www.nornirsaett.de/forum/board.php?boardid=1 should be a useful indication.

:boese:

Aunty Em

a13antichrist said:
These pages are taking YEARS to load. And that's not an exaggeration. I timed at least 10 minutes for the Town Hall forum to come up.

It's not just OTC though, access to any and all sites your side of the Atlantic is crippled, whereas all Euro sites seem fine. Can someone give http://www.BBC.co.uk a go and cruise around a bit to test the other direction? Also this forum http://www.nornirsaett.de/forum/board.php?boardid=1 should be a useful indication.

:boese:
I have no problem accessing otc or any of the other sites this morning. It may be a server beteween you and otc that's the problem.

Try deleting your cookies and temporary internet files, that usually works for me when I have a problem.

a13antichrist

Anyone know of a tracing utility that will watch the pages you're loading, rather than simply having to give it addresses to hunt down?

greenfreak

It's taking a really long time with me too but I thought it had something to do with the fact that our internet access was down for half the morning. There were some major storms that swept through this area last night, there have been a lot of problems around here today.

fury

Administrator
Staff member
Server admin said there were some network issues that have now been resolved. :beerbang:

greenfreak

Yeah, we use Outlook at work. I'm on a bunch of notification lists and have rules setup to move emails to different personal folders when they come in. I think I've narrowed it down the the .pst file that's causing the problem but I need to have it in there. I think I have to slim it down... it's 22 megs even though I just archived today. :eek:

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
greenfreak said:
Much better! :headbng2:

Now if I could get my Outlook to stop freezing on me, I'll be all set. :)

That's a feature not a flaw. It's there so every 30 days or so you can take the day off and not worry about what needs to be done cause you can tell everyone that Outlook keeps track of all your appointments and everything. It works for me. :shrug:

PT

greenfreak said:
Yeah, we use Outlook at work. I'm on a bunch of notification lists and have rules setup to move emails to different personal folders when they come in. I think I've narrowed it down the the .pst file that's causing the problem but I need to have it in there. I think I have to slim it down... it's 22 megs even though I just archived today. :eek:

You shouldn't have any problem til that thing gets up around 2 gigs. I've heard after that they just freeze up, but not as low as 22 megs.

greenfreak

I thought it was my wireless mouse at first because I would click on emails or buttons in Outlook and it wouldn't respond. In Task Manager, it shows the program or email as 'not responding' and then it will clear and be ok.

I took the .pst out of my profile and it didn't freeze up on me once. It's either that or the fact that I've "upgraded" to Office XP and then downgraded myself back because it sucked. I'm due for a reformat anyway. :shrug:

PT

greenfreak said:
I thought it was my wireless mouse at first because I would click on emails or buttons in Outlook and it wouldn't respond. In Task Manager, it shows the program or email as 'not responding' and then it will clear and be ok.

I took the .pst out of my profile and it didn't freeze up on me once. It's either that or the fact that I've "upgraded" to Office XP and then downgraded myself back because it sucked. I'm due for a reformat anyway. :shrug:

I'd probalby vote for the upgrade downgrade thing that screwed it up. Try exporting all the info into a new pst, delete the old, the import it all back in.

alex

GF, have you had any problems with Office XP? Specifically the speech and handwriting stuff. I had to uninstall it on mine. Was getting:

CiceroUIWndFrame
Program is not responding

when I did a shutdown.

Also I have to close outlook before I can shutdown the system. I guess XP forgot how to close outlook :confused:

PT

Yeah, that's something that annoys me too. Everything else it will close automatically, but Outlook has to be shutdown by the user. :retard:

greenfreak

Pad, I had it only for a couple of weeks to test it. We were going to start installing it instead of the Office 2000 suite. I made the decision not to though because of some things I found that would cause problems with our users. Specifically in Outlook.

I didn't get any error messages while I was using it though. I don't know how good MS's support is on it either yet. Whenever I can't get answers from the KB, I go to their forums or search on google. I figure, if I'm having this problem, someone else out there must have had it too.

I usually shut down all of my windows before I shut down the pc. Outlook saves all your changes when you exit it so maybe that's why it won't close automatically.

PT, that's good thinkin. I'm going to clean up a bit and start a new pst. This problem didn't happen immediately after the up/downgrade. It's been a few months so I don't know if it's that. Thanks for the info!

a13antichrist

Justintime said:
I once had a user with a 700MB+ PST file, and it went corrupt :shiver:

Once had my boss with a 1.6Gb pst file with all the important stuff since a couple of years that blew up and ate all his messages... :D