wtf. Seriously.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
I get that they want to get around the spam filter. But wtf is the point in sending this? What is there to get out of it? No info, no link to click. Seriously. wtf?

:confuse3:

There were all kinds of things to ensure said:
H.E+R_E WE GO A-GAIN!
T,H.E B_I*G O-N*E BEFOR_E T-H.E SEPTE.MBER.'RALLY!
T-H_E MA,RKET IS ABOU.T TO P,O.P-, A'N-D SO IS E_X.M_T.!

Fir'm: EXCH AN'GE MO+BILE T,E+L'E (Oth-er O.T,C+: EX+MT.PK)
Tick-: E X M-T
A s k : 0*.-0*8
5-d'ay pot_en'tial: 0-..4,0

T+h,i,s a grea+t oppor*tunit+y to at le*ast doub_le up!
N,o*t o'n'l y d+o.e,s t-h,i*s f'i,r m h*a*v'e g+reat fu*ndamenta,ls, b-u,t gettin_g t h+i.s o pportunit+y at t.h'e r.ight t*ime, rig_ht b.efore t+h e ral_ly is w.h,a*t make's t-h_i*s d+e'a'l so swe.et!

Wat_ch it s-o+a+r'!

Sinc+e t'h_e si,g+nature of K is equ,al to ( 1,, 1')+, t-h*e G,alois gro.up of t h.e Galo_is closu+re of K is alw ays eq-ual to t.h e sy*mmet.ric gro*up S3.
T+h'e obje*ct of t.h-e g,a m-e is to p_l a-y a*l-l t+h'e ca,rds f r.o-m t*h-e t'o*p sta-cks d_o-w+n to t.h-e dis*card p'i l-e+.
H.e+'-d l,a,y t,h,e piece,s o,u't in d .ifferent p.'atterns, re+arrang+e th+em, w*a-i't f'o.r a pictu,re to f*o+r'm..
A v_e'r y c.o+o.l l o w lev,el f*i*l-e ac_cess monitor*.
A*n*d I*',v.e g+o+t l'o+t's of frien.ds a,l l o_v_e-r t.hese o*i'l fie+lds.

Inkara1

That's what's known as a "pump and dump" stock scheme. They try to tell you that EXMT is the next great stock that's trading for pennies now but will soon explode in value. The idea is to get a bunch of people to buy the stock thinking they're getting in at the bottom, then when the stock gets up to a few bucks in value, the people doing the pumping then do the dumping, selling off all their shares and taking the profits. The mass selling brings down the value, and then people realize the stock is a bunch of bullshit and the value goes to pretty much nothing.

Sometimes the company is shady, and sometimes it's a legitimate company that's minding its own business, and someone buys up shares, does the pump and dump, and that guy makes a killing while the investers further down the line and the legit business get fucked in the ass.

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
So this one is from someone who makes money from EXMT stock purchases somehow and therefore doesn't need me to click a link or reply to the email in any way?

Inkara1

Bingo. The idea is to get you interested in that stock and then buy it through your regular means of buying and selling stocks.

Inkara1

Just checked it and the last trade was at two cents... so it's down 75 percent from where it was then that e-mail was sent.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Just checked it and the last trade was at two cents... so it's down 75 percent from where it was then that e-mail was sent.

So. Somebody did make a killing...provided that the 'pump and dump' actually worked. ;)