WTF???

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Like there isn't enough teacher/student fondliing going on, the House introduces this piece of crap?

Student Teacher Safety Act of 2006--HR 5295--A search referred to in subsection (a) is a search by a full-time teacher or school official, acting on any reasonable suspicion based on professional experience and judgment, of any minor student on the grounds of any public school, if the search is conducted to ensure that classrooms, school buildings, school property and students remain free from the threat of all weapons, dangerous materials, or illegal narcotics. The measures used to conduct any search must be reasonably related to the search's objectives, without being excessively intrusive in light of the student's age, sex, and the nature of the offense.

Teachers can now act as shrink, parent, doctor and law enforcement?

Hey, Mrs Smith, call the cops & leave the strip searches to those properly able to abuse authority.

WND

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
[Devil's Advocate]

Don't infringe on any student's rights, even if it jeopardizes the safety of everyone else in the building. Columbine taught us nothing. I'd rather 300 kids die than one kid in a trench coat bulging with weapons be inconvenienced. That kid with the shotgun deserves not to be exposed to the remotest possibility of humiliation as he goes about his business. Better to see another mass killing on the news than to hear about one case of ass grabbing.

[/Devil's Advocate]

tonksy

I know! Let's just send them to school naked so that they can't hide anything! Ooh ooh! And it would totally take care of the whole gang color and my clothes are more expensive than your clothes thing! :rolleyes:

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Yes Mr Proud, your point has been considered (even before posting the story). If the school authorities believe that someone is breaking the law, call Johnny Law. Let them do their job & follow through.

*Recalls his high school experience & realizes damn near everybody would have been searched for drugs, daily*

chcr

Too cute for words
*Recalls his high school experience & realizes damn near everybody would have been searched for drugs, daily*

:thumbup:

If you teach kids that this is acceptable, what kind of a life are you preparing them for?

Welcome to Amerika, shut up and do what your told.