Yay!@#

fury

Administrator
Staff member
I spill a drink on my keyboard EVERY time I have delivery pizza. Last time it happened I ended up screwing up my 1 key (it types itself every time I type "readi1ng" fast. see?) among other things such as permanent stickiness on some keys like 5 on my number pad. Thankfully I don't use that key much...

But I didn't spill anything on my keyboard this time! I broke the cycle! :beerbang:

And yes, this is a significant accomplishment for me. Delivery pizza usually ends up costing me $40 more than the pizza cost, to replace the keyboard that I killed. :mope:

greenfreak

:dance:

I only spilled something in my keyboard once, at work. It was an AS400 dumb terminal. So I just took the keyboard of someone I didn't like and swapped them. :)

a13antichrist

Only once had something spilled on my keyboard.. was my girlfriend, we were watching a movie and she knocks my (yeah, MINE, not hers :rolleyes: ) Martini over the keyboard - of my 2Ghz P4 laptop.. three days later it stops working.. :cuss: :cuss: :cuss:

Seen plenty of coffee spillt on keyboards at work though.. heheh..

chcr

Too cute for words
Dishwasher-no soap, no heat. I work for a tire dealer with 15 locations, you'd be amazed how many of these cornballs spill shit on their keyboard time after time. :D

alex

This girl clerk at the liquor store I usually go to wanted to clean her keyboard so she sprayed windex all over the keyboard and killed it. I tried to get some info so I could contract with the state to 'replace' the keyboard. Probably coulda charged $400 bucks for 10 minutes of work :kaching

Nihilistic

Capitalizing Bastich
I cant even count the amount of times i ruineda keyboard because i spilled coke on it. The keys stick and it really suck. I spend about 100 bucks a year replacing cheap 20 dollor keyboard..lol

a13antichrist

I spend about 100 bucks a year replacing cheap $10 sunglasses, I lose them all the damn time.. which is why I buy the cheap ones.. :)

ris

i spilled a pint of water into my k/b once, it was never right after. thankfully i've always used cheapo mitsumi soft-touch k/b that only cost a tenner at maplin :)

Nihilistic

Capitalizing Bastich
I have my Logitech internet wireless keyboard. Its great, it was worth 40 bucks. I havent even ruined it yet. I also have logitech mouses that break becuase i wear the plastic clicker out

tommyj27

Not really Banned
i've spilled water on my current one, just took it apart and let it dry out. my previous keyboard got all kinds of shit spilled on it, including about a liter of red wine vomit (long story), the keyboard still works to this day, i think it's plugged into my family's PC, older compaq keyboards are about the only decent thing the company ever made.

Luis G

<i><b>Problemator</b></i>
Staff member
Still using an 8 year-old keyboard, never spilled any sort of liquid on it.

Inkara1

My trick: Keep a backup keyboard handy. When you spill something on the good keyboard, swap in the backup, and take the main one outside and hose it down. Let it dry for 24 hours, and you should be fine.