Yet another brush with the French

Jeslek

Banned
Well, whether you support a war or not, it is happening and there are some post-war cleanup that needs to be considered. France is jumping the gun and in this article "Chirac warns on 'post-war' plans."

French President Jacques Chirac has warned he will not accept any UN resolution allowing the United States and Britain to administer post-war Iraq.

Speaking at the end of a European Union summit in Brussels, Mr Chirac said France would reject any moves that "would legitimise the military intervention and would give the belligerents the powers to administer Iraq".
Someone tell BBC that you put punctuation inside the quote, not outside.

I realize they are still seething about this whole war, but you would think they would at least see reason in letting the U.S. and U.K. help to clean up the mess that will be left behind in Iraq.

ris

that's odd, because it was reported last week that during a eu leaders meeting (descibed as 'frosty' between chirac and blair) he said somehting along the lines of 'don't come looking to us for clean-up money after the war'

or at least he didn't want to talk about it there and then

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Justin, I'll be happy to quit bashing the French. But fodder is fodder & they so much of it. ;)

Squiggy

ThunderDick
I really think you should all look a little harder at Turkey and Russia. What they have done is far worse than anything France has done.