yo, old people

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Not usually. Occasionally some Nashvile Pussy, and anything that the old standbys released like W.A.S.P., Motorhead, etc.

Inkara1

Some stuff... thing is, most of the music of this decade is either a cover tune of something from two or three decades ago, or samples something from then.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
snp you should try HardRadio.com
been listening to them 10 years now... :beardbng:

Thanks, I'll check that out tonight!

Pre-house fire, I had 700+ CDs and 2100+ LPs. No need for radio music at all. Now I'm slowly rebuilding the CD collection, I'm about halfway there. I've been known to limewire and burn a few here and there if there was a certain CD with only 1 or 2 songs on it I liked and it didn't comprise an important collection. Saves cash. When I eventually get my collection replaced I'll once again have little use for radio music sources. I generally despise mp3 format because it sounds flat to my ear, but again if I can get what I want off a CD for three bucks as opposed to buying the whole thing for $15+ on a minor artist, the pragmatist in me screams to go for it. Groups like KISS, AC/DC, W.A.S.P., Nuge, Priest, Motley, Aerosmith...those complete collections will be replaced in toto intact with the real item. Rock City Angels, Billy Thorpe, Raging Slab, The Romantics, Edgar Winter, the three Queen songs I will listen to...not so much a priority to have the real CD.

POStech

Not usually. Occasionally some Nashvile Pussy never heard of them , and anything that the old standbys released like W.A.S.P. never heard of them , Motorhead, etc.

Jamiroquai, Commander Tom, Benny Benassi, Davis Guetta, Micheal Gray, Bob Sinclair, Armend Van Helden are the type of groups/DJ's I like. Best old song I love is Roundabout by Yes.

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
Kruz, all I can say is...

DUDE, YOU FRIGGIN RULE!!!!

Already heard four tunes I had and am looking for! Gawd I miss my Armored Saint CDs...

Inkara1

I wish I'd known about that site when I was working on the fall sports preview special section at the paper and was there until all hours of the morning.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I was in LA for the entire run of KNAC (.com now). Greatest station in the world. Not quite so good on the net but hey, they can at least say fuck.

My question is, has anything of value been recorded in this decade?

2minkey

bootlicker
yes.

tool and a perfect circle. but i haven't been interested in much else.

just (re) bought the first two judas priest albums...

okay well there has been a decent slayer album fairly recently. and scarlet's walk (tori amos) is decent (though anything since blows monkey cock)... and there have been some jeff buckley albums released though they were (obviosuly) recorded in the 90s.

but for the most part...

bye, bye, bye, ballcrusher
bye, bye, bye....