You are hereby notified

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
From this day forth you shall no longer considered Parents. You will now be referred to as "Egg donor" or "Sperm Donor". This move will assist your government to further take your place. This ruling will, for the forseeable future, shall not construe governmental authority or responsibility when offspring has financial, legal or scholastic trouble.

Posted: December 3, 2004
1:00 a.m. Eastern

© 2004 WorldNetDaily.com

California schools cannot inform parents if their children leave campus to receive certain confidential medical services that include abortion, AIDS treatment and psychological analysis, according to an opinion issued by the office of state Attorney General Bill Lockyer.

The opinion was prompted by resistance from teachers unions and groups such as Planned Parenthood to a Sacramento-based lobby group's efforts to help schools enact a "parent-friendly" policy requiring parental notification and consent in the wake of "medical emancipation" statutes that allow students to confidentially seek medical help off campus.

Previously it was understood that schools were allowed to enact confidentiality policies, but now the state's top lawyer is saying they are required.

WND

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
My God.

It never ends, does it? We've "rights-ed" ourselves out of our rights. Common sense truly is not only dead, but cremated already.

One more concrete block has been added to the hermit retreat I'm building. Won't take much more and it'll be done. Then y'all can have your so-called progressive society. Just stay out of shotgun range from my as-yet unnamed bastion of sanity reason and sensibility and you'll be fine.

chcr

Too cute for words
There never was any such thing as "common" sense, it's a myth. If it were common, there'd be more of it. :)

Human intelligence does seem to be devolving though, doesn't it?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
At one point I had plans on moving to the wilds of Wyoming. Then it was into the wilderness of Montana. I accordingly resigned myself that even Alaska was in danger of the liberals. I consequently figured maybe the frozen tundra of Canada might be safe. Then I met Leslie & Bish... :shrug:

I believe my wandering from the craziness has me somewhere between Jupiter & Saturn. The I find the story about Earthlings invading Mars & I'm 'bout tuckered on retreating. Methinks it's time for a good ols fashiuoned American ass-kicking. I propose we start with Planned anything but Parenthood.

Inkara1

How do you think I feel? I'm in a conservative area of a state whose two major population centers are liberal enough to almost single-handedly overcome the rest of the state. To make matters worse, the liberals are California liberals, the worst kind.

Professur

U.S. court: Mom's eavesdropping 'illegal'

SEATTLE (AP) — Striking a blow for rebellious teenagers, the Washington Supreme Court ruled Thursday that state law prohibits parents from eavesdropping on a child’s phone conversations.

The case reached the high court because of a purse-snatching. A 17-year-old boy was convicted of the robbery, in part on testimony from his girlfriend’s mother, who overhead him discussing the crime on the phone with her daughter.

The daughter had taken a cordless phone into her bedroom and closed the door. In another room, her mother pressed the speakerphone button on an extension, listened in and took notes.

The court ruled that the daughter and her boyfriend had a reasonable expectation of privacy on the phone. Washington state law prohibits intercepting or recording conversations without the consent of all participants.

“The Washington privacy statute puts a high value on the privacy of communications,” Justice Tom Chambers wrote in the unanimous opinion.

The boyfriend will get a new trial.

My Gawd. What the fuck is wrong with these people.

Source

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Professur said:
My Gawd. What the fuck is wrong with these people.

Source
OH my fucking god. Reasonable expectation of privacy? Bullshit. It's my fucking phone. Don't like it? Move out and get your own fucking house and your own fucking phone.

HomeLAN

So, your employer can snoop your e-mails because it's their machine, but I can't listen to my kid's phone conversation, even though its my phone? This one BEGS to be overturned.

rrfield

Gonz said:
At one point I had plans on moving to the wilds of Wyoming. Then it was into the wilderness of Montana. I accordingly resigned myself that even Alaska was in danger of the liberals. I consequently figured maybe the frozen tundra of Canada might be safe. Then I met Leslie & Bish... :shrug:

I believe my wandering from the craziness has me somewhere between Jupiter & Saturn. The I find the story about Earthlings invading Mars & I'm 'bout tuckered on retreating. Methinks it's time for a good ols fashiuoned American ass-kicking. I propose we start with Planned anything but Parenthood.

You already live in Indiana, how much more conservative do you want??

Inkara1

Who here among us has been in this situation:

You're speaking to someone on the phone. Someone else picks up. The person you were talking to suddenly gets a lot quieter, and you hear a lot more background noise... ESPECIALLY if it's someone on a speakerphone.

Seems like one of the two kids should have noticed that someone had picked up the other extension.