You know you're from Louisiana...

Slim Pickens

You Are Truly From Louisiana If...

You can properly pronounce Lafayette, Bossier, Natchitoches, Opelousas, Chalmette, Pontchartrain, Ouachita, and you know that New Orleans doesn't have a long "e" sound anywhere in it.

You think people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies.

You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.

You measure distance in minutes.

Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.

You go to the river/sewer/area's source of drinking water to swim because you think it is like going to the ocean.

Your old high school parking lot is overflowing with trucks that you can't even jump to be able to get into.

You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, beer, bait, and tanning beds all in the same store.

A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed Crew Cab Truck is.

You think the four seasons are Oyster, Deer, Crawfish, and Duck.

You have relatives in the same state that require an interpreter.

You think cheap plastic beads are worth their weight in gold, especially if they look like big pearls.

You have ever eaten nutria, or sucked a crawfish head.:bgpimp:

tonksy

You can properly pronounce Lafayette, Bossier, Natchitoches, Opelousas, Chalmette, Pontchartrain, Ouachita, and you know that New Orleans doesn't have a long "e" sound anywhere in it. - Check!

You think people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies. - Check...Hotlanta? BAH!

You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent. - Check.

You measure distance in minutes. - Check.

Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions. - It's the only use I have for whisky.

You go to the river/sewer/area's source of drinking water to swim because you think it is like going to the ocean. - Okay...no.

Your old high school parking lot is overflowing with trucks that you can't even jump to be able to get into. Got me there...

You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, beer, bait, and tanning beds all in the same store. Dude, one stop shopping....But the personal best is the Hair salon/Taxidermy that is down the street from Slim's Mama's.

A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed Crew Cab Truck is. :grinyes:

You think the four seasons are Oyster, Deer, Crawfish, and Duck. - Dude...I miss me some duck and sausage gumbo.

You have relatives in the same state that require an interpreter. - I do.

You think cheap plastic beads are worth their weight in gold, especially if they look like big pearls. - LOL! The girls know they get in trouble for touching my fairy beads.

You have ever eaten nutria, or sucked a crawfish head. - Suck a little head, pinch a little tail! I've held nutria in my hand at the store but just couldn't go through with it.

simplyred

You can properly pronounce Lafayette, Bossier, Natchitoches, Opelousas, Chalmette, Pontchartrain, Ouachita, and you know that New Orleans doesn't have a long "e" sound anywhere in it....and it should be pronounce as one whole word dang it! Nawlins

You think people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies.Except in Corpus Christi. They may have us met. If you can't walk out your door and breathe bath water, you got nothing on us!

You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent. HE HE and every city in Louisiana has a different accent.

You measure distance in minutes. Or by dirt road, swamp, bridge, or pasture length

Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions. HELL YEAH...don't get married without little smokies! :)

You go to the river/sewer/area's source of drinking water to swim because you think it is like going to the ocean. Have swam in Bayou Teche and thought I was cool for doing so.

Your old high school parking lot is overflowing with trucks that you can't even jump to be able to get into. OH YEAH, espically my old high school, Denham Springs High School!

You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, beer, bait, and tanning beds all in the same store. Nope, We have MANS WORLD Barber Shop and Car Sales, and outside Walmart you can buy LIVE BAIT out of a vending machine

A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed Crew Cab Truck is. That man is a keeper, espically with a gun rack in the back or a spit cup in the cup holder.

You think the four seasons are Oyster, Deer, Crawfish, and Duck. Because there are 362 days of summer

You have relatives in the same state that require an interpreter. Or in the same house

You think cheap plastic beads are worth their weight in gold, especially if they look like big pearls. *still warming body parts that were exposed for cheap plastic beads. And death strikes thee who comes NEAR my 12 inch around ones. :)

You have ever eaten nutria, or sucked a crawfish head. Eaten fat from a hogs head on crackers, meat rice stuffed into the stretched intestine of a pig, blood sausage, possum, legs of frogs, fried alligator.....

BeardofPants

So it's with a softer 's'? I can't quite imagine that sound - when I try to say it, it comes out as a harsh 's' sound, which is why I put the z. Any one care to load up a sound file on how to say it?

Slim Pickens

Slim Pickens said:

You can properly pronounce Lafayette, Bossier, Natchitoches, Opelousas, Chalmette, Pontchartrain, Ouachita, and you know that New Orleans doesn't have a long "e" sound anywhere in it. I graduated from Ouachita Parish HS

You think people who complain about the heat in their states are sissies.People who complain about the heat in North LA are sissies...TA, remember 107 F in L.C. 3 years ago?

You think everyone from a bigger city has an accent.

You measure distance in minutes.

Little Smokies are something you serve only for special occasions.

You go to the river/sewer/area's source of drinking water to swim because you think it is like going to the ocean.Ouachita River, Bayou Lafourche, Old River, Bayou Desiard, Lake Charles

Your old high school parking lot is overflowing with trucks that you can't even jump to be able to get into.

You aren't surprised to find movie rental, ammunition, beer, bait, and tanning beds all in the same store.BTW, TA, Ms. Donna's husband only does it for friends now

A Mercedes Benz isn't a status symbol. A Chevy Silverado Extended Bed Crew Cab Truck is.

You think the four seasons are Oyster, Deer, Crawfish, and Duck.

You have relatives in the same state that require an interpreter.

You think cheap plastic beads are worth their weight in gold, especially if they look like big pearls.

You have ever eaten nutria, or sucked a crawfish head.:bgpimp:

ABSOLUTELY

simplyred

BeardofPants said:
So it's with a softer 's'? I can't quite imagine that sound - when I try to say it, it comes out as a harsh 's' sound, which is why I put the z. Any one care to load up a sound file on how to say it?

I will when everyone leaves the office. :)

simplyred

Gotta Love Louisiana Girls.......

A girl from Louisiana and a girl from California were seated side by
side on an airplane.
The girl from Louisiana, being friendly and all, said, "So, where ya from?"
The Calif girl said, "From a place where they know better than to use a
preposition at the end of a sentence."
The girl from Louisiana sat quietly for a few moments and then replied,
"So, where ya from, bitch?"

simplyred

BeardofPants said:

People are still here, the sales are going crazy...my job is FINALLY done, and I want to go home. Sorry no voice clip today.

BeardofPants

No probs. :)

simplyred said:
Gotta Love Louisiana Girls.......

A girl from Louisiana and a girl from California were seated side by
side on an airplane.
The girl from Louisiana, being friendly and all, said, "So, where ya from?"
The Calif girl said, "From a place where they know better than to use a
preposition at the end of a sentence."
The girl from Louisiana sat quietly for a few moments and then replied,
"So, where ya from, bitch?"

:rofl: