Youppi!

Professur

NHL's storied Montreal Canadiens getting Youppi! as their mascot

[img=http://cnews.canoe.ca/CNEWS/WeirdNews/2005/09/16/K091605AU.jpg[/img]

The storied Montreal Canadiens are getting a mascot - and not just any old one.

Youppi!, who was the Montreal Expos' mascot for years before the team moved south, is coming out of retirement to join the National Hockey League team.

The super furry animal is still orange but is expected to wear the Canadiens' white or red jersey when he entertains fans at the Bell Centre.

There was no immediate comment from Canadiens management whether they believe the new signing can help the team win its first Stanley Cup since 1993.

Youppi! was once ejected from a baseball game against the Los Angeles Dodgers and the Canadiens will be hoping the lumbering giant can keep his temper in check.

Contract details have not been released

source

What the fuck? Couldn't they make Warshingtun take it?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Leaf's season opener on Oct 5 *all floaty*

Then we kick the Canadian's asses on Oct 8 :D

Uki Chick

Maple LOAFS! The boyfriend is a fan of theirs. Needs to get his head checked.

As to Youppi, I don't think they knew what the hell to do with him.

MrBishop

Uki Chick said:
As to Youppi, I don't think they knew what the hell to do with him.
couch_orange.gif

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
So's Toronto.

and we know how unlikely they are to win the cup...they are boys with heart who surely put on a good game but I don't expect a cup in the near future...doesn't mean I love them any less though :)

Professur

Nixy said:
and we know how unlikely they are to win the cup...they are boys with heart who surely put on a good game but I don't expect a cup in the near future...doesn't mean I love them any less though :)

I didn't mean the cup. I mean that they're creeping closer and closer to Mtl every year. By the time they get here, one of them might, just might be ready to make a run at a championship.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
I didn't mean the cup. I mean that they're creeping closer and closer to Mtl every year. By the time they get here, one of them might, just might be ready to make a run at a championship.

Oh is that so?

Think whatever you want but Toronto fans got heart just like our team and we don't have to stoop to boo-ing the opposing team's national anthem!

Professur

Of course you have heart. Scads of heart. Mountains of it, in fact. Unfortunately, winning games involves talent.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
Of course you have heart. Scads of heart. Mountains of it, in fact. Unfortunately, winning games involves talent.

Yeah but if your fans are preceived as assholes that puts a negative light on the whole city and personally I don't think winning is worth that.

Professur

they're Toronto. Booing anthems isn't gonna make anyone think they're assholes anymore than they already do.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Professur said:
they're Toronto. Booing anthems isn't gonna make anyone think they're assholes anymore than they already do.

Some of the RESIDENTS of Toronto may be assholes but the fans of Toronto Maple leafs are from all over. I speak of the fans, not the residents.