Your Best Christmas Cookie recipes

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Shortbread cookies

3/4 cup of extra-fine granulated sugar (fruit sugar)
2 cups of butter
1/4 cup brown sugar
5 level cups all-purpose flour

With a wooden spoon, cream butter in a large bowl until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in sugars. Add flour gradually until mixture is smooth. You'll have to use your hands, but don't be rough. Divide dough into about three parts and roll out to 1/4 inch thick, one part at a time, on a floured board. Cut shapes and transfer to ungreased cookie sheets. If desired, decorate with nuts or candied cherry pieces. Bake at 275' until just lightly golden (about 1 hour). Time may vary depending on oven. Makes about 4 - 6 dozen, depending on size of cutters.

Pecan Balls

1 cup butter
1/2 cup icing sugar
2 tsp vanilla (I generally leave that out, they're nice without)
2 cups chopped pecans
2 cups flour
1/2 tsp salt

Soften butter, cream in sugar and vanilla and beat till fluffy. Sift together flour and salt and add gradually to wet ingredients. Beat till blended, form into 1-2 inch balls. Bake on ungreased cookie sheet at 325' for 25 minutes. While still warm, roll in icing sugar and let cool. Roll in icing sugar again when cool if desired.

both are so simple, and sooooooooo delicious :licklips:

SexyBoo

I love making these cookies! If you want to make them really easy, just buy peanut butter cookie dough and stuff it with the Snickers. These are delicious! :licklips:

Santa Surprise Cookies

What you will need:
  • 2 sticks butter (softened)
  • 1 cup creamy peanut butter
  • 1 cup light brown sugar
  • 1 cup sugar
  • 2 eggs
  • 1 teaspoon vanilla
  • 3 1/2 cups all purpose flour (sifted)
  • 1 teaspoon baking soda
  • 1/2 teaspoon salt
  • 1 bag Snickers Minis
What to do:
  1. Combine the butter, peanut butter, and sugars using a mixer on a medium to low speed until light and fluffy.
  2. Slowly add eggs and vanilla until thoroughly combined. Then mix in flour, salt and baking soda.
  3. Cover and chill dough for 2-3 hours.
  4. Unwrap all Snickers Miniatures.
  5. Remove dough from refrigerator. Divide into 1-tablespoon pieces and flatten.
  6. Place a Snickers Miniatures in the center of each piece of dough.
  7. Form the dough into a ball around each Snickers Miniatures.
  8. Place on a greased cookie sheet and bake at 325 degrees for 10-12 minutes. (Baking time and temperature may need to be adjusted if using more than 1 tablespoon of dough per cookie.)
  9. Let cookies cool on baking rack or wax paper.

Mare

Pillsbury (the kind you buy and cut)

*can't make Christmas cookies-never turn out right ,LOL

A.B.Normal

Magic Cookie Bars

* 1/2 cup butter or margarine
* 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
* 1 can (14oz) sweetened condensed milk
* 1 pkg (6oz) semisweet chocolate chips
* 1 can flaked coconut -- (3 1/2 oz)
* 1 cup chopped pecans or walnuts

Preheat oven to 350°.

Melt butter in a 13 x 9-inch baking pan. Sprinkle crumbs evenly over melted butter or margarine; pour sweetened condensed milk evenly over crumbs. Top evenly with remaining ingredients; press down firmly. Bake 25 to 30 minutes or until lightly browned. Cool before cutting.

Well ,it has cookie in the Title :shrug:

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Thank goodness I posted this last year, I've lost the Pecan Ball one somewhere and have been panicking.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
kuulani said:
*wishes I had an oven so I could bake cookies* :D

DUDE! You don't have an oven?! How do you cook like...TURKEY? or roast?! or...ANYTHING?!

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
Leslie said:
Thank goodness I posted this last year, I've lost the Pecan Ball one somewhere and have been panicking.
lol

maybe I should write that one down so I don't have to keep finding this thread :D

abooja

I recently discovered the following recipe after searching for one that might duplicate the triple chocolate fudge cookies I had at Starbucks. These, while not as dense and chewy as the Starbucks cookies, are still quite good. I plan on making them for Christmas, though I'm considering adding an extra egg, perhaps, to make them a bit chewier. I highly recommend them. Just don't skimp on the ingredients and buy good chocolate (i.e. NOT Baker's unsweetened). I happened to use Scharffen Berger Unsweetened 99%, DeZaan Natural (undutched) cocoa and Guittard semisweet chocolate chips. I also made them a lot smaller than the recipe calls for, but didn't get them as small as I would have liked (as in Starbucks). Oh, yeah. I also recommend refrigerating the dough a couple of hours (or freezing it for 1/2) before shaping and baking.
Absolutely Deep Dark Chocolate Fudge Cookies

From Death by Chocolate

by Marcel Desaulniers

* 1 1/2 cups of all-purpose flour
* 1/2 cup Nestle unsweetened cocoa
* 1 teaspoon baking soda
* 1 teaspoon salt
* 8 ounces of semisweet chocolate, broken into 1/2 ounce pieces
* 4 ounces of unsweetened chocolate, broken into 1/2 ounce pieces
* 1 1/2 cups of light brown sugar
* 12 tablespoons (1 1/2 sticks) of unsalted butter
* 3 eggs
* 1 teaspoon pure vanilla extract
* 3 cups of semisweet chocolate chips

Preheat the oven to 325 degrees.

Sift together the flour, cocoa, baking soda, and salt unto waxed paper. Set aside.

Heat 1 inch of water in the bottom half of a double boiler over medium heat. Place the semi-sweet and the unsweetened chocolates in the top half of the double boiler. Tightly cover the top with film wrap and allow to heat for 12 to 15 minutes. Remove from the heat and stir until smooth. Keep at room temperature until needed. <-- If you have a heavy duty saucepan and are really careful, you could do this directly over a very low flame.

Place the light brown sugar and butter in the bowl of an electric mixer fitted with a paddle. Beat on medium for 1 minute. Scrape down the bowl and beat on high for an additional 30 seconds. Scrape down the bowl.

Add the eggs, one at a time, while beating on medium and stopping to scrape down the bowl after incorporating each addition. Add the vanilla extract and beat on medium for 30 seconds. Add the melted chocolate and beat on low for 10 seconds more. Scrape down the bowl and beat for an additional 30 seconds.

Add the sifted flour, cocoa, baking soda, and chocolate chips and beat on low until thoroughly combined, about 20 to 30 seconds. Remove the bowl from the mixer and mix thoroughly with a rubber spatula.

Portion 6 to 8 cookies per baking sheet by dropping 2 level tablespoons per cookie onto each of the 2 baking sheets. Place the cookies on the top and middle shelves of the preheated oven and bake for 18 to 22 minutes, rotating the sheets from top to bottom about halfway through the baking time. Allow the cookies to cool for 5 to 6 minutes on the baking sheets. Transfer the cookies to the cooling rack to thoroughly cool before storing in a sealed plastic container. Repeat this procedure until all the cookies have been baked.

Makes about 36 to 42 cookies.

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Semi sweet chocolate is the devil...one should always use milk chocolate chocolate chips.

abooja

Nixy said:
Semi sweet chocolate is the devil...one should always use milk chocolate chocolate chips.
I beg to differ. Milk chocolate is hardly chocolate at all. It's way too sweet and unchocolatey for most baked goods, in my opinion (and that of most chefs, I dare say). One should limit ones use of milk chocolate to baking for the very young. :shrug: :D

AlphaTroll

Lindt 85%

Anyway, this is a tradtional one for us:

Soetkoekies

2 cups flour
1/2 teaspoon baking soda
1/2 teaspoon cream of tartar
1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
1/4 teaspoon ground cloves
1 cup brown sugar
4 ounces chopped almonds
1/2 cup chilled butter, cut into small pieces
2 eggs, lightly beaten
1/4 cup port or sherry
1 egg white, beaten
Combine the flour, baking soda, cream of tartar, cinnamon, ginger, nutmeg, ground cloves, brown sugar, and almonds in a large bowl. Add the butter and cut into the flour mixture. Add the beaten eggs and red wine and mix dough together vigorously until it can be formed into a ball.

Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. On a lightly floured surface, roll the dough into a rough circle about 1/4" thick. With a cookie cutter, cut the dough into 2" rounds. Arrange the rounds about 1" apart on a buttered cookie sheet. Continue cutting cookies, then brush each gently with the egg white. Bake for 15 minutes - until golden brown. Remove to a rack to cool completely.