your input is requested

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
You know...I don't know what brand of shampoo I use, either. Does that make me self-centered? How about this one...If my fiancee asks me to buy something at the store, that's exactly what I'll get. If she doesn't specify, then I don't get in trouble. Most men, and I'll include myself in this one, don't like to spend more time in the store than absolutely neccesary. We tend to grab what we need with little regard for price or name. Especially when it comes to hair-care products. How many of them come in green bottles? How many in white? If I've got work-related issues on my mind (I've got a problem-child who works for me), I'm not going to be that focused on a task such as shampoo and conditioner. I'm going to be focused on how to improve his/her behavior. I don't know what was going through your husband's mind, but, then again, I don't know the history behind his life, either.
BCD...You are quite the salesman, aren't you? :lloyd:

Sam

In defence of this man in the shadows - can I just say, I'm amazed that he remembered to pick up shampoo at all!! And let's be honest - you said 'shampoo' he bought 'shampoo'. You didn't specify shampoo and conditioner in one.

You have to be really really literal with them, or they just get upset and muddled, poor things ;) :D

A.B.Normal

Hey Tonks ,does he know not to use your Nair as shampoo/conditioner ,might be a fun experiment,bet he'd pay closer attention to what shampoo he's using.
:lol2:
I would never use a 2-1 so I'd never buy it even if the wife asked for it,I've been told by more than a few "Hair people" to avoid them like the plague.

tonksy

i refuse to believe that just because i didn't specify 2in1 that that gives him an excuse to be completely oblivious to his surroundings.....i don't care what brand he brouht home, that is not the issue...the issue being that one adult can not tell you the type of shampoo that he has been using daily for 5 years.....and, if you couldn't tell, this kind of oblivion goes on on a semi-regular basis...it's mindboggling.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
tonks said:
ah! so you say...here is a list of prerequisites:
literacy is key, that goes without saying, but i want smart....
I can read, I like to think I'm above average intelligence.
common sense.....i can not stress this enough!
hair...i'd like for there to be some.
Suave Daily Clarifying. Enough?

common courtesy...you don't have to pamper me but at least consider my emotions once and awhile.
I can do that. I'm here to listen.
attention span...i don't yammer on and i hate to repeat myself, so could you just listen for 5 minutes?
Ok, but can it wait til halftime for you to tell me about your Mom's new cat?
attention to detail...if you see the trash needs to go out could you just take care of it? i'm not your mother.
Ok, I have a problem here. Can YOU not take the trash out too? I'm not the Trashman.
punctuality....you know, there are like 80 million ways of getting a hold of people these days...just let me know you're gonna be late....and if you know you have to be somewhere at a certain time why can't you just do it?
That I can handle, it's one of my peeves to have to wait for someone too.
personal hygiene is extremely extremely important....i have a sensitive sniffer.....
Hot, Sweaty Sex is beside that point, right?

that and being a wild man in the sack.
Wooops, guess that answers the last one.

think that's too much?
Ideally, no, not at all. Realistically yeah. But, good luck.

tonksy

PuterTutor said:
I can read, I like to think I'm above average intelligence.
Suave Daily Clarifying. Enough?
;)

PuterTutor said:
I can do that. I'm here to listen.
Ok, but can it wait til halftime for you to tell me about your Mom's new cat?
like i'm gonna interrupt a football game to talk about such trivial matters.....
PuterTutor said:
Ok, I have a problem here. Can YOU not take the trash out too? I'm not the Trashman.
sure....right after i finish the laundry and the dishes and the dinner and the vaccuuming and chasing after the kids....you dig?
PuterTutor said:
That I can handle, it's one of my peeves to have to wait for someone too.
always a plus.

PuterTutor said:
Hot, Sweaty Sex is beside that point, right?

Wooops, guess that answers the last one.
:)

PuterTutor said:
Ideally, no, not at all. Realistically yeah. But, good luck.

*sigh* thanks....but i'm in no hurry.

PT

sure....right after i finish the laundry and the dishes and the dinner and the vaccuuming and chasing after the kids....you dig?
But, I do laundry, dishes, Love to cook, and chasing after the kids is one of my favorite pasttimes. So....

Vacuum, that thing that makes all the noise, right?

PT

I have a dog? OH my god. I have three of em. Here I thought we kept them around to pick up the crumbs off the floors.

Hoses and brushes huh? You're kinky.

Gato_Solo

tonks said:
i refuse to believe that just because i didn't specify 2in1 that that gives him an excuse to be completely oblivious to his surroundings.....i don't care what brand he brouht home, that is not the issue...the issue being that one adult can not tell you the type of shampoo that he has been using daily for 5 years.....and, if you couldn't tell, this kind of oblivion goes on on a semi-regular basis...it's mindboggling.

Sorry. You lost me again. Seems to me that this is not about shampoo. The shampoo incident was just the topper. Also...are you sure you've been buying the exact same shampoo for 5 years, without fail? Anyway, I still don't see what all the fuss was/is about. You said 'Shampoo', he bought 'shampoo'. FWIW, my fiancee and I had a few of those arguments because she'd ask for something, I'd buy exactly what she said, and get yelled at for it because the size was different that she thought. (5 instead of 6, for example)

In your husbands defense, you're lucky he came back with shampoo at all. Suppose they didn't have your brand, so he got what he thought you'd like. He comes home, you open the bag, and, without letting him get a word in edge-wise, you blast him (gaff him off ;) ) with both barrels? Did you ask him if he had a lot of things on his mind before you sent him off on the shampoo run? Before you say it, I will. Men only think of one task at a time, and put everything else on 'cruise control'. I'm guilty of it...my father is guilty of it...most of my male relatives are guilty of it...and most men I've ever met are guilty of it. We are taskers, not multi-taskers. The secret is to get us off one task and onto another as quickly as possible. ;)

tonksy

gato, when he came home all i said was "next time you are at the store buy conditioner.".....but it's the underlying disconnection from the world that drives me nuts...the brand was not an issue....i mean, i know what kind of everything he uses...from just seeing it daily for 5 years...you know?

PT

Ok, I can tell you what I use. As for the wife, I know she uses Anais Anais perfume. I know she doesn't like Revlon nail polish, I know she prefers Jif over Skippy. After that, I'd be shooting in the dark.

Gato_Solo

tonks said:
gato, when he came home all i said was "next time you are at the store buy conditioner.".....but it's the underlying disconnection from the world that drives me nuts...the brand was not an issue....i mean, i know what kind of everything he uses...from just seeing it daily for 5 years...you know?

Like I was saying to you, and it probably got lost in the hugeness of my last post, men are very task-oriented. We have the capacity to do many great things...but only one at a time. (humerous example only)If I'm thinking of how much gas I need to mow the lawn tomorrow, and you send me off to the store to buy 3 pounds of chocolate chips, and I come back with 3 pounds of chocolate chip cookies, but I fill the lawn-mower with gas, then, AFAIK at the time, I've fulfilled both tasks (end of humorous example). Later, I may remember exactly what you asked, and get myself in deeper trouble by saying I was only trying to save you time by buying the chocolate chip cookies instead of you having to bake them, but, most times, I'll stand there with a dumb look on my face wondering what in the hell I did wrong...and you, as a good woman, will just let me wonder. ;)

Leslie

Communistrator
Staff member
nah, he's absolutely right...I had to say 'most' there...cause Joe is the wunnerfullest thoughtfulest man I've ever met :)

unclehobart

A thoughtful man in Jersey? ... hmm... It almost sounds as alien as telling me that Liberace was straight. ;)

the views expressed in this post do not reflect those of the company or its subsidiary holdings.

Gato_Solo

Leslie said:
nah, he's absolutely right...I had to say 'most' there...cause Joe is the wunnerfullest thoughtfulest man I've ever met :)

Okay...now gimme back my towel. :grumpy: