Your TV habits - addicted to the opiate for the masses?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MrBishop

The Boob-tube
The Idiot-magnet
The Porteable babysitter...

Well...you get the idea. TV has gotten a bad rap for years. It'll rot your brains etc...

Recently, another study has joined the plethora of others in attacking television. This one was about the increased chances of developing ADD in children who watch too much TV.

Source

I'm not going to start an argument about that particular one, but I am curious about your viewing habits.

At deBish Palace, the TV might be on for about 1 hour/month...unless it's for watching rented movies. We prefer reading...I like it that way, and I don't really miss TV all that much. The majority of it is mindless humour, violence or sexual explicitness.

How about you?

MrBishop

The bloody Poll button didn't work!!!

OK...

1) I don't own a TV or might as well not own one for the little that I use it
2) I watch about 1-2 hours a week
3) I watch a few specific shows (about 3-7 hours/week)
4) I watch several shows weekly (7-15 hours/week)
5) I watch TV wether it's something that I want to see or not (1-3 hours a day)
6) The TV has an off button? (4-12 hours/day)

HomeLAN

Probably 4, but it's on on the background a lot. OTOH, I spend a bunch of time reading as well, at least 2 hours a day.

chcr

Too cute for words
4 for me as well, but it has to be something I want to watch. My average is probably down recently as I'm working toward an MCSE.

PT

Off 'Motherfuckin' Topic Elite
Yeah, I'd say number 4 for our house too. More videos than shows though. We have gone for turning it off completely for a month or two at a time during the school year though.

Status
Not open for further replies.