Yuck...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
Germs are everywhere. Some ideas to keep them from turning your innards into a slurry of unwanted organisms. :eek5:

unclehobart

I read that yesterday... and then within an hour I found myself at an ATM that had obviously never seen a cleaning in its 15 year existence. The guy behind me gave me an RCA dog look when I did all of my number punching with my finger wrapped up in the bottom hem of my tshirt. I probably dodged at least 3 colds and some form of Indonesian plague in the process.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Going to these places & using these things just makes us stronger.

Inkara1

Being so paranoid about germs everywhere actually makes us sicker. In order for the body to build immunity to something, it needs to see it first. Yes, I wash my hands after going to the bathroom, but not after using the phone at work or the keyboard or my cell phone or opening the door at Taco Bell or shifting gears in my car or pushing the button at the crosswalk or, hell, even using the ATM. I have an excellent health record, too. On occasion I get the sniffles or what have you, but it's rare that I get sick.

spike

I don't like to touch the door to a public restroom on my way out seeing as so many people don't wash their hands.

Condiment bottles at a restaraunt, especially the ones that just get refilled give me a little pause.

Shopping cart handles never get washed.

I also heard once that your own belt buckle can get pretty gross since normally people use the bathroom, buckle their pants, then wash their hands. Belts are normally never washed.

2minkey

bootlicker
shit, i open lots of "push" doors with my foot and never even touch 'em.

my one granny was so crazy (and crazy about germs, too) that she had about 30 tooth brushes hanging on hooks in her kitchen, each one labeled as to what you could clean with it.

she FREAKED if anyone tried to walk across her floor with bare feet.

Inkara1

Oh, there you go... walk across the floor with shoes you stepped in shit-infested mud while wearing, instead. Great.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
I've heard one of the absolute filthiest paces in the world is your own cell phone.

simplyred

I work in a day care. Let's talk about GERMS!!!

Actually, I encountered more germs than ever before this summer in the hospital.

BlurOfSerenity

im trying to figure out if i should get a flu shot or not. i rarely get the flu, but when i do, i get it bad and am totally out of commission for at least a week. i'm thinking i have no reason not to get one, but stuff like thinking about these new super-bugs we get now, makes me reconsider.
thoughts?

Nixy

Elimi-nistrator
Staff member
Yeah, it's slighty early for the non high risk folks to be getting them...actually, around here they won't give'em to non-highrisk folks until sometime into November. I usually get a flu shot, actually, I find that when I do I generally have a healthier winter than if not...even though I rarely get a full out flu (one winter I got the shot and noone else in my extended family did and we went to Newfoundland and every single one of them, except me, was laid up in bed for atleast 2 or 3 days).

That said, I have a head cold right now...within 12 hours of kissing someone with a cold it was full blown...that kinda causes me worry about the condition of my immune system (I am NOT a germ-o-phobe)

kuulani

Oh, there you go... walk across the floor with shoes you stepped in shit-infested mud while wearing, instead. Great.

That's why we take our shoes off before entering houses here in Hawaii. Seeing people wear shoes in their homes on TV/movies is just weird.