Yummy, real food!

Aunty Em

I'm now on stage 3 of my eating plan, which means athough the food is still blended (pureed) it now comes in seperate little piles... not mixed together, at proper mealtimes. So I feel less stressed and don't have to think about food all day.

So far I've had chicken with gravy, mashed potato, pureed carrots and brocolli. Pureed fruit and yogurt. Instant oats and oatibix (like weetabix). Today I plan to try white fish in tomato sauce and green beans. Plus a soft scrambled egg for breakfast tomorrow. Cottage cheese makes a great low fat protein snack too so I can make sure I get at least 60 gms of protein per day. In just over a week I will be able to move on to soft, unblended eg. ground meats, poached fish, soft pasta, etc and 2 weeks after that I will be able to start eating solid foods.

So far I have lost 13lbs since my operation on the 27th January and am back to my weight of 20 years ago. 12lbs more and I will be the weight that I was in 1989 when my daughter was born. Then 28lbs more and I will be the weight I was when I fell pregnant in 1988. I'm so excited, I can't wait! It's finally beginning to sink in that I will ever be as fat as I was again... so far I have lost 106lbs since 4th Dec 2006, 93lbs of it before my op. I feel very proud of myself for having stuck with it.
cheesy.gif

2minkey

bootlicker
sounds like you're doing very well with this, and that most of the really hard work is already behind you.

Aunty Em

Apparently the soft stages are easy. The most difficult part is introducing solid food as it can get stuck if you don't chew it enough, eat too fast or too much. I've already experienced the pain of eating too much, which is very unpleasant, so I plan to be very careful.

Aunty Em

I am, especially because I can now breath properly. My chest doesn't feel restricted since they fixed the hernia. I suspect that all the heart symptoms I was having... breathlessness, irregular heartbeat and the fact that it was pushed over and too close to my chest wall, were down to that, but it was hidden behind my heart on the X-rays so they couldn't see it. If they had taken a lateral chest view then they may have done. But there was no reason to do that so it was an unexpected surprise. I'm so glad I persisted in wanting and pushing for this op.

Everyone keeps saying how well I look. My sats are up to 98% and my BP is down. LOL