Zero tolerance makes

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
zero sense. I can remember playing with toy guns when I was a child...along with lots of other children...we didn't grow up to be mass murderers. What's wrong with people today?

unclehobart

The new motto is punish the 999 to get at the 1. The trouble is, if the kid really is a sicko... suspending them will only push them over the edge. They would probably be back in mere hours armed to the teeth and deliver payback. The rule is all bluster and no common sense.

TexasRaceLady

The problem is that the rules the school board and admins wrote leave no wiggle room --- or room for using their common sense.

As a former educator, I cringe when nonsense like this happens.

Gato_Solo

Bet you didn't know, but children as young as six can now be punished for, I shit you not, sexual harassment...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
"unwelcome sexual advances, request for sexual favors and/or other inappropriate verbal, written or physical conduct of a sexual nature directed toward others."

pinching a 6 year old ass by a 6 year old is inappropriate physical conduct of a sexual nature?

:bs:

Gato_Solo

pinching a 6 year old ass by a 6 year old is inappropriate physical conduct of a sexual nature?

:bs:

Wasn't just him, either...

During the 2005-06 school year, 28 kindergarten students in Maryland were suspended for sex offenses, including sexual assault, sexual harassment and sexual activity, according to state data. Fifteen of those suspensions were for sexual harassment.

During the 2005-06 school year, one Washington County prekindergarten student was suspended from school, and 12 of the county's kindergartners were suspended for various offenses, according to state data.

Makes me wonder what the parents and schools are teaching...Also reminds me of a South Park episode...

Professur

Well considering my oldest boy has a girl with him in kindergarten who's been announcing to anyone since last year that she's going to marry him, I don't think we're quite as uptight here yet.

Oddly enough, she also announced that if he won't marry her, that's alright ... she'll marry his younger brother instead.

I can almost feel the colour leeching from my hair some days.

Gato_Solo

Well considering my oldest boy has a girl with him in kindergarten who's been announcing to anyone since last year that she's going to marry him, I don't think we're quite as uptight here yet.

Yet being the operative word...

prof said:
Oddly enough, she also announced that if he won't marry her, that's alright ... she'll marry his younger brother instead.

I can almost feel the colour leeching from my hair some days.

Could be worse. She could have said something about jumping into the sack with him. Here's the thing, though. Females cannot, by the feminist definition, be harassers. Just the harassed. If your son had said that, then you would've had a problem...

Professur

They've done the sleep over thing already. Fortunately, her bed was too small to share.

And if my son had been the one to say it ....I'd probably be looking for XXS condoms right about now. Lord knows her mother wouldn't complain any.