Zipped him into a body bag

SouthernN'Proud

Southern Discomfort
OK, y'all peaceniks. Do we still have to play nice, or may we now have your permission to blow these creatures to Hell?

Are we victims yet, or are we still pillaging invading desecrators of human rights, like the right to eat a meal and remain in one piece?

Are we still the bad guys, or have the become terrorists the bad guys yet?

Should we still hold our fire so we don't offend the dozens of peace-loving Muslims, or would it be hunky-dory to start kicking ass and taking names at this point?

These things seem to matter to y'all more than the loss of human life, so I thought I'd do the polite thing and ask y'all first. Since it seems that's what's important these days, ya know...that the citizenry who are safe and snug and smug back at home are in total agreement with every bullet fired. Since everybody seems really pissed off that they are too young to have been a VietNam protestor, so by golly I'll take this chance to live the hippie dream. After all, we civilians certainly know more about what's really going on over there than our military and elected leaders know. It's just oil, right?

[/SnP sarcastic tone of voice]

I hope whoever did this rots in Hell by dark tonight. Along with at least 50 of their sympathizers each for good measure. At that rate, we might have our soldiers home where they belong with mission accomplished in a reasonable amount of time...after all, that's what the soldiers really want for themselves.

Nuke 'em and be done with it already. Lake Iraq is long overdue for creation. I just wouldn't recommend anybody fish out of it.

:gun3: :mad4: :usa:

ResearchMonkey

Ridden with sadness when I heard.

...But damn-it! ... we went to war unprepared.... If rummy wasn't so damn busy with media or signing letters he coulda been out there armoring all the tents. We were unprepared for this event.

A.B.Normal

ResearchMonkey said:
Ridden with sadness when I heard.

...But damn-it! ... we went to war unprepared.... If rummy wasn't so damn busy with media or signing letters he coulda been out there armoring all the tents. We were unprepared for this event.

The hall was shielded by towering concrete walls - but it had no protected roof. The army was building a more fortified dining hall nearby, our correspondent says.
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/4115145.stm

Thulsa Doom

SouthernN'Proud said:
[rant concluding with] Nuke 'em and be done with it already. Lake Iraq is long overdue for creation. I just wouldn't recommend anybody fish out of it.

:gun3: :mad4: :usa:

Question... was this not a legitimate act of war? To attack an invading army? In an occupied land? These were soldiers right?

By all means find and kill the insurgents who did this (and killing insurgents has already been well established as a goal as we have seen). But whats with the 9-11 all over again gut reaction to this event Ive been seeing today? Its a tremendously sad day. When so many loved ones lose their life in a conflict in a far away land. But it is a war...

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
The hall was shielded by towering concrete walls - but it had no protected roof. The army was building a more fortified dining hall nearby, our correspondent says.

After my initial sadness abated, my first thought was...maybe they needed more armor on their mess hall - in memory of L Pitts. It was, of course, bitterness over the past couple of weeks of Rumsfeld bashing & a small poke into dark humor.

I meant it as a joke. Did the BBC?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Thulsa Doom said:
Question... was this not a legitimate act of war? To attack an invading army? In an occupied land? These were soldiers right?

By all means find and kill the insurgents who did this (and killing insurgents has already been well established as a goal as we have seen). But whats with the 9-11 all over again gut reaction to this event Ive been seeing today? Its a tremendously sad day. When so many loved ones lose their life in a conflict in a far away land. But it is a war...

I agree with your premise. Instead of attacking unarmed & unsuspecting civilians, they attacked the miltary. They should now die in painful ways but it was in the realm of fair play.

HOWEVER-please check your notes. A vast majority of the terrorists attacking the Iraqis, the Iraqi police & military & the coalition forces are not, repeat ARE NOT Iraqi, so "occupied land" is misleading & incorrect.

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Randomly blowing up Iraqi neighnorhoods will prove nor accomplish nothing.

Blowing up neighborhoods overtaken by terrorists kills the bad guys.

A.B.Normal

Blowing up Iraqis/neighbourhoods to remove insurgents in the name of the Freedom is no different than blowing up Iraqis/neighbourhoods in the name of Allah to remove the coalition.

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
A.B.Normal said:
Blowing up Iraqis/neighbourhoods to remove insurgents in the name of the Freedom is no different than blowing up Iraqis/neighbourhoods in the name of Allah to remove the coalition.

Depends on 2 things.

1. If the people in the neighborhood want the insurgents out, and give permission...or
2. The people in the neighborhood want the 'occupying forces' out, and give permission.

Question...who asks for permission, or an attack, before blowing up a neighborhood? :lol2:

Remember the first Gulf war? Seems like the 'enemy' has a penchant for blowing up dining halls...;)

Thulsa Doom

we can kill all the insurgents we want. as long as a significant portion of the population feels disinfranchised (rightly or wrongly) and sees their life getting worse then we will ALWAYS have more insurgents. It will be like trying to wipe out ants. There are ALWAYS more. The only way to curb this is to let the sunis feel like they are truly a part of something and not outside of the power in the country which is how they feel now. THEN they will be less likely to want insurgents living among them and causing problems. The problem is that the majority of the population is quite fine with not having them in power anymore. So what can we do?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Let them have open & free elections. Let the people have freedom. Let the people decide their fate.

Thulsa Doom

Even if they want civil war? You certainly arent living in some kind of rosey delusion that everything will be just peachy keen after Jan. 30 right?

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
Of course not. You're not living so far in the shadow you think this will go on forever are you?

I firmly & absolutely believe freedom is the ultimate enemy of war & terrorism. It's not some magic pill that stops these things over night, obviously. However, given freedom & time, man is happy. The flesh yearns to be unbound, the spirit free.