1 v 2

unclehobart

Ohio State v. Michigan

Ranked #1 and #2 repectively in yank college football.

OSU 35
MIC 31 with 10 minutes to go.

It is living up to the hype of both schools being offensive powerhouses.

Defense is crumbling everywhere.

Anyone else watching/watched it?

42-39.

Defense anyone?

81 points. It certainly wasn't boring.

Ohio State has now defeated 2 #2 teams challengin their #1 slot. I may not be a fan of the Buckeyes... but I'll tip my hat in respect.

It makes ya wonder what they put in the water up there.

ESPN just said it was the highest score between the two teams since they started fighting in 1903.

They also said it was the second highest scoring game twixt 1-2 matchups in history.

My grandfather went to Florida before there even was a Florida State. I'm siding with the Gators, even though I don't think they'll win.

I just have this purple hairy loathing for Florida... always have. I blame the foul color scheme and general SEC rivalry.

Boise State runs a *yawn* schedule. Being undefeated in a mild conference is like going 10-2 with the power leagues.

But how do we know they aren't as good? They kicked the snot out of the one PAC-10 team they played, Oregon St. 42-14. Oregon St. went 9-4.

You can only play the teams on your schedule. 9-4 in a BCS conference is nothing to snicker at.

the Ducks beat USC.

edit: not that it matters, but it's the Beavers.
edit2: to clarify, Boise St. beat the Oregon St. Beavers....Oregon St. Beavers beat USC.

I stand corrected. Who the hell are the ducks? gah! Too much info to keep in.

USC is impressive, I will give you that... but the BCS computers and the coaches and sportswriters only have a chubby for:

Top notch:
SEC, Big Ten, Big Twelve, and the Pac-10

second tier:
Big East, and the ACC

Everyone else is pretty much beneath the radar.

ducks are regular oregon!

i understand the computer aspect, but I think if a team goes undefeated they at least deserve a shot. i like the +1 model, which would be a 4 team playoff. Ohio St. vs. Boise St., Florida vs. Michigan, winners meet in BCS title game.

I always liked the idea of a top 8 seed playoff. They could own the month of December with a three week playoff. Instead we have to wait 5 weeks till the bowl games... FIVE WEEKS! ... jeebus.

Baby steps?!!

Bear Bryant called for a playoff system in the mid-60's. Forty friggin years later and nothing but complicated red tape to the horizon. If something isn't done soon the whole thing will end up going on longer than the communist revolution.

PAC10 teams

U of Arizona Wildcats
Arizona State University Sun Devils
California State University at Berkley Golden Bears (Cal)
Universtity of California at Los Angeles Bruins (UCLA)
University of Southern California Trojans
Stanford University Cardinal
University of Oregon Ducks
Oregon State University Beavers
University of Washington Huskies
Washington State University Cougars

Back