2006 gold/silver eagles now available

Did you get a pic of it? A proof with a ding... freaky. It might be worth more money to a collector since they try to keep the inferior ones out of circulation.

I doubt they would show up in a pic. You know how the background is real shiney and the image of liberty is frosty? I can move the coin back and forth and see 5-6 little shiney spots on liberty. They seem to be mostly on raised areas which leads me to believe they are nicks. Probably not worthy of an error coin classification.

You bought any lately? If you go for any gold, looks like the 1/2 oz. has a max mintage of only 10,000.

I bought a gold proof set for 2003. At a price of $1200 or so per... I just didn't have the stomach to keep going for the pricey ones. I do have a few years of silver proof walking liberty... but fell out of collecting when Tonks and the kids moved in.

I love the West point mint marks.

If they go up any more I won't buy any more. It's gone to shit ever since they turned it over to a third party sales group. They used to not even charge shipping.

I saw the advertisement (Why did 'advertisement' get left off of the ise>ize bandwagon?) that came with my juicy $80 tax refund and thought for a minute that it was elaborate junk mail, since I saw the ad before I saw the check.

I guess I won't get an advertisement as I'm getting mine directly in the bank account.
BTW - Does anyone know if the date they quote you on the website is a mailing date or is it a fair estimation of when they do the direct deposit?

I have an accountant do mine so I didn't see the date they quoted....he just told me it should be there by the 24th, which was 12 days from the time he filed it. It actually got deposited on the 22nd I believe. My state refund check came in the mail just 5 days after I filed.

Back