3x4 padded cell

Gonz

molṑn labé
Staff member
It would be hard to get hurt there.

Tag is now out during recess at Willett Elementary School in Attleboro.

So is touch football and any other unsupervised "chasing" games that are deemed to pose the risk of injury as well as liability to the school.

"It's a time when accidents can happen," said Principal Gaylene Heppe, in her second year at the helm of Willett.

With all the prescribed drugs & ADD/ADHD, isn't it time to just outlaw boys?

Source

And when I go to work on Thursdays I stand there staring up into the air and say.. "I hope you can climb down from there too, cause I sure ain't coming up to save you. Any of you."

I kinda miss playing tag.

I mean, you could get injured, but you could get injured doing anything, and at that age, injuries don't last long at all. It kept the kids from turning into little wimps.

I can't say that I was any good at it, tho. I was way shorter and had much weaker legs then.

Bahahaha!

That's a good one.

The game we used to play most, in elementary school went something like this.

The snow plow would plow all the snow into a pig pile from the parking lot. The goal was to be at the top of the pile, but it was a big free for all to get there. Well for the most part, we would kinda team up with out friends. Anything went, and yes.. kids got hurt.

Kids that were afraid to get hurt didn't play, no one forced you to.

In the summer we would play a game called "red ass". The loser would have to stand against the wall and everyone else would throw tennis balls at his ass. We used a hockey ball a few times. I ended up having to get my elbow and side stitched up once because I took a good tumble trying to reach the wall. I still have a killer scar... 10 years later.

Bahahaha!

That's a good one.

The game we used to play most, in elementary school went something like this.

The snow plow would plow all the snow into a pig pile from the parking lot. The goal was to be at the top of the pile, but it was a big free for all to get there. Well for the most part, we would kinda team up with out friends. Anything went, and yes.. kids got hurt.
King of the hill! I miss playing that.. :grinyes:
Kids that were afraid to get hurt didn't play, no one forced you to.

In the summer we would play a game called "red ass". The loser would have to stand against the wall and everyone else would throw tennis balls at his ass. We used a hockey ball a few times. I ended up having to get my elbow and side stitched up once because I took a good tumble trying to reach the wall. I still have a killer scar... 10 years later.
Hm, you tried to reach the wall...because your ass was too pale? :lloyd:

That sounds a little bit like "Red light", only there are no losers, just one "winner" in that game. (And lay off the 'red light district' jokes, please ;) )

Hmm, this is how "Red Ass" worked.

You threw a tennis ball at a wall, it would bounce back and you would try to catch it. If you were successful in catching it with out dropping it you threw it back at the wall. If it hit you, or you tried to catch it but dropped it you had to run and touch the wall before someone else picked it up and threw it at the wall. If the ball made it to the wall before you, you got the letter R, then E... etc. We never played the full "R-E-D A-S-S", we would just always play "R-E-D" so the games were shorter.

The first player to get out had to go stand against the wall, bent over while all the other players in the game would throw the ball at his ass from about 10' away.

We played Red balls once, but the guy that got out first said "fuck that". We tried to force him to stand, but he we didn't have enough people to hold him and throw at the same time. I think we just ended up throwing it at him as he tried to cover him self.

It was a great game! You just had to remember to not let your balls hang between your legs when you were against the wall.

Hmm, this is how "Red Ass" worked.

You threw a tennis ball at a wall, it would bounce back and you would try to catch it. If you were successful in catching it with out dropping it you threw it back at the wall. If it hit you, or you tried to catch it but dropped it you had to run and touch the wall before someone else picked it up and threw it at the wall. If the ball made it to the wall before you, you got the letter R, then E... etc. We never played the full "R-E-D A-S-S", we would just always play "R-E-D" so the games were shorter.

The first player to get out had to go stand against the wall, bent over while all the other players in the game would throw the ball at his ass from about 10' away.

We played Red balls once, but the guy that got out first said "fuck that". We tried to force him to stand, but he we didn't have enough people to hold him and throw at the same time. I think we just ended up throwing it at him as he tried to cover him self.

It was a great game! You just had to remember to not let your balls hang between your legs when you were against the wall.

The game was called "Butts Up" when I played it. The rules were the same as you mentioned but sometimes more than one ball was used.

I don't ever remember playing it with more then one ball, but we may have.

We used to play it EVERY day at lunch and recess for years. It was a great game! Maybe it's an '85 thing. :D

Back