5 Horrifying Food Additives You've Probably Eaten Today

I'm not really bothered by it...really it's texture that gets me with most foods. I eat mammals and birds and fish...why not eat insects (although eatting whole insects would gross me out because of TEXTURE...if they're ground up then have at it). And so, sugar is filtered through bone...jello contains marrow I believe...whatever...I eat the meat, what's wrong with the bone? As for natural flavour...atleast it's natural...could be a whole lot worse. As for the whole virus vs microbe thing...well, I like bologna and hot dogs (and I like them raw) something that doesn't hurt me is getting rid of something that could potentially kill me...really that's a good thing. There's so much bacteria and everything EVERYWHERE I don't see why these 6 extra viruses matter.

i agree with nixy on all points.

the way i see it, i love Scrapple, which contains ground up hearts and eyeballs and stuff like that, so i don't have a lot of room to be creeped out by any of it.
virii are not necessarily bad, just as bacteria is not necessarily bad, and eating bugs would only freak me out if they were not ground up.
any kind of meat eating is pretty barbaric in my opinion. that doesn't stop me from doing it, but i realize it, and so not a lot freaks me out.

i remember jjr512 telling me that in the cooking of a mcdonalds hamburger, somewhere on the order of 97 different carcinogens are released into the air.

Insects are good eats.

(sorry alton)

the horse thing, you can buy horse meat in quebec, also good eats. Bone char, at least it is not going to waste.

and marrow is a delicacy.

I was raised on a farm. We killed our own animals for meat. We ate vegetables we grew ourselves after spraying them with pesticides. A bug landed on that burger you're about to eat? Shoo it off and chow down. Dropped your half-eaten apple in the barnyard? Squirt it off and chow down. And look how great I turned out.

No big deal.

I've chased down headless chickens for Sunday dinner.
Cold sliced beef tongue makes a great sandwich.
Had horse meat in Europe.

yeah, like, things might be yucky, but as long as they're not outright dangerous, (like, rotten or poisonous or something like that), i don't have much of a problem.

Here's the catch. If I'm already eatin it everyday, why would I suddenly get grossed out about it? I mean, I'm already ingesting the substance in question, and look how wonderful I've turned out so far. Why would I need to change a thing?

Back