a coughing coworker

kuulani

She's right here behind me, hacking away.
You'd think she'd be considerate and call in sick, instead of infesting this closed-off-air-conditioned-sharing-my-breathing-space office :grumpy:

The people who carry cartons of leaves here are mostly considerate and do their things outside.

You'd think she'd be considerate and call in sick
American business frowns on people calling in sick, regardless of wether or not the long term affects are actually negative for the company. There have been times in the past when i wanted to call in sick but felt the pressure to continue working.

HeXp£Øi± said:
American business frowns on people calling in sick, regardless of wether or not the long term affects are actually negative for the company. There have been times in the past when i wanted to call in sick but felt the pressure to continue working.

don't forget ... we're not "American Business" .. we're The Family
;)

True. Damn these companies that force us to work ;)
Plus, she'd already called in sick Mon, Tues, & Wed ... hell, she missed most of the week, why not call in sick today and tomorrow too? :D

But Ku'u, if she calls in sick...who's gonna mind our business? She can't possibly do that from the uplands of Waiakea!
:rofl:

Besides, why can't we call in sick anyway...isn't sick hours for us to use at our "disposal"? So what if we're not sick and we use it...or we're sick and we use alot of it? Wouldn't that be up to us? :confuse3:

And wouldn't it also be our loss if we're really sick and we run out of sick hours? Then we'd have no money......but still??? Ahhh...life?

HeXp£Øi± said:

Would have to disagree - at least in some contexts. A LOT of companies have realized that it's in their best interest to have sick employees take care of themselves. We have an open sick policy where I work; i.e. if you are sick - stay the hell home.

Back