A generation...

Gato_Solo

Out-freaking-standing OTC member
of barbarians. "We don't set arbitrary rules for our children. It stifles their creativity".

Politeness and consequences make way for the above scenario. I blame the parents 100% on this one.

Yeah, right cuz from that story, you don't know jack. I would agree that it is most likely the parents, but they could have a teenage tweaker older sibling. They could have gotten the idea on TV, any of a million possibilities. Parenting is crucial, and concrete rules essential, but that story was terribly short on facts.

Gato said:
"We don't set arbitrary rules for our children. It stifles their creativity".

That's not mentioned in the story, dude. We have no idea how the parents reacted. In fact, all indications are that they dealt with this seriously.

Holy mother of compressed air...am I defending someone from Joizay? *checks pulse*

I'd be curious as to what kind of home lock could be picked with a GIFT CARD.

Actually, you'd be shocked how many can be. I've unlocked many doors with a credit card myself, and I don't know the tricks.

Dead bolts. Everything else is insufficient.

I dunno... Had the locksmith out a couple of days ago, and it took him about half an hour to bust into ours cos it had an unusual set-up.

That's not mentioned in the story, dude. We have no idea how the parents reacted. In fact, all indications are that they dealt with this seriously.

I tend to draw my conclusions simply because the reaction isn't there. Could be sloppy reporting, sloppy parenting, both, or niether. I chose sloppy parenting.

SnP said:
Holy mother of compressed air...am I defending someone from Joizay? *checks pulse*

Altron must be rubbing off on ya'. :rofl4:

Even if there was an older sibling or the kids got the idea on TV, how in the hell is that not the parent's fault? The parents should have told them at some point in their life and set an example that people have locks on doors for a reason and the moral wronqess that occurs when you use a gift card to get behind them. The older sibling should of had those rules set. mom and dad should have payed a lot more attention to the TV shows they watch.

So ya, I may not know the entire story, but as a parent I know enough to say that the parents were being negligent in their teachings somewhere.

BTW...look here for another situation of right and wrong...;)

Back