a letter from Santa

kuulani

Last night my husband went into nalani's house, grabbed some cookies, ripped off a piece of nalani's daughter's spelling test, and wrote:

"Dear Ka'ehu, I borrowed a piece of your test. I see you're doing better in school. Thanks for the cookies. Love, Santa. P.S. I really like the Christmas tree ones."

That's why I love him :santabng:

she was soooo happy when we got home this morning!

We baked them on the 23rd and we were going to take them with us to Waimea to leave for Santa but we forgot them :eek: My daughter was so worried about it ... and when we got home this morning and saw the note, she was so excited!

:)

aw, that's sooooo cool of him to do that!

we usually swap with another family and each husband phones the other's kids and pretends to be Santa, it's great!

That's cool! :D

I wrote a letter from Santa for Anna too. She discovered the deal about Santa not bringing toys for bad little kids this year, and it worried her a little bit. At one point she told me she didn't think Santa was going to bring her any toys because she wasn't a good person. Six years old, and she's worried about whether she's a good person. I told her she needed to concentrate on doing good things and wait until she was about 20 before she started worrying about whether she was a good person or not. In the meantime, I told her, she didn't have to worry about Santa, because there's no way he would fail to bring her any toys.

It still bothered me that she was thinking about herself like that, so I decided to write her a note from Santa. I was also worried that she would be upset about not getting the Rapunzel doll she had asked for, and I wanted Santa to smooth that over. That turned out not to be necessary.

Anyway, this is what I wrote...

Dear Annalyssa,

Here are some toys from you. I hope you enjoy them. My elves ran out of the Rapunzel Barbies, but I got you a Cinderella and a Prince Charming. I know how much you like her.
You've been a very good girl this year. You're doing such a good job with your schoolwork! I'm
very proud of you!

Love,
Santa

It lit up her face when she read it. I really am proud of her, too. Four months ago she couldn't have read that letter. She's learned so much in such a short amount of time. The thing is, I could tell her how proud of her I am until I'm blue in the face, and I don't think it would have the same effect as hearing it from Santa.

We're saving the letter. One day she'll know who it was really from, and then it will mean a lot more to her that it was me.

I got a letter from Santa too...It read:

"About the boys.... I'll kill them for you if you want...(wink, wink)

Santa"

Squiggy said:
I got a letter from Santa too...It read:

"About the boys.... I'll kill them for you if you want...(wink, wink)

Santa"

It's time to tell you the truth, Squigg, I'm Santa.

Ohhh, that's so cute of him to do that. :D

It was cute today, one of the kids that my mom babysits asked me, Aunty, did Santa come and visit you? You don't have a chimney? How can he bring the presents?

Being the uncreative thinker that I am, I told him we left the front door unlocked, Santa came in, put the presents under the tree, filled the stockings and locked the door on the way out. :shrug: Nonetheless, he thought it was pretty hilarious.

Back